Chapter Fourteen

Everything went back to normal around the Temple after the fight. Trade routes reopened as winter finally started coming to an end. Business within the Temple stayed the same. Kye passed his notes and work down unto the other Rendell, and Crixus protected the Temple. He and Kye had a few missions after the Queen was slain. A few Banda hanging around the villages was enough to keep him busy. Crixus's arm took a while but finally healed fully and he was back to perfect health. Now having a long scar down the outside of his left arm almost matched his left side. Kye would joke he lead into attack with his left side.
Crixus waited to hear anything about Uwchlan and Minerva's visit to the Elders. All he said when they returned was; keep our walls safe. Crixus hated when everyone was so cryptic. What was so wrong about speaking ones' mind.
That helped put Kye's mind to rest about his dream. He was focused on his duties now, becoming a great Adalwolfa. Crixus could see him growing into his position, becoming a Temple member.

Spring came and Conner's arrival as well, two weeks before Aecia gave birth to Uwchlan's son. Crixus had missed him, he looked more grown up now. Conner looked like his brothers; bigger build, tall, tan skin, but his eyes were a dark brown. He looked like a healer as well. Crixus hated how he wore his hair shaggy and unkempt. Younger siblings.
Kye took to him well and Conner was respective to his teachings. Even if Kye was young his words mattered. Crixus appreciated his brother being alright with everything. Kye alone was a wonderful Healer and had so much to give.
Farkas was born under a full moon and blessed by Minerva the same night. Kye was over the moon excited but Crixus just was amused. He liked children but it wasn't something he ever wanted for himself. The tiny black puppy cooed and squeaked all day. Crixus couldn't be bothered.
Kye on the other hand loved the little one. He spent more time cuddling and holding the newborn than his own mother. Crixus had to drag him home just about every night.

Mid spring Crixus had arranged for Kye's parents and sister to stay within the Temple for three days. Kye and Crixus were going down to the village to bring them all back together. Kye's father was getting older now, tough walking far distances with heavy bags. Kye was grateful Crixus wanted to help.
It was the night before the visit and Crixus laid in bed waiting for Kye to get out of the bath.

+"You are going to wrinkle in there so long pup."

Crixus growled his words as he stretched out in bed.

"I'm coming, hold on."

"I've heard that before."

Crixus called, a smile in his voice. Kye padded in and glared at him.

"That was not what I meant."

His fire red cheeks just made Crixus smile more.

"Just saying. Look at you wearing shorts...almost like you aren't freezing to death anymore."

Kye crawled into bed, still blushing.

"It's gotten warmer now. I'm happy winter is finally over, just have to wait for the snow to melt now."

"Around here snow doesn't last. All clean now pup?"

Kye nodded gazing at him. Crixus smiled and held his arm out to him.

"Good, now that you are clean I can dirty you back up."

Kye nuzzled into Crixus's embrace, pushing himself against his chest.

"Maybe..."

Crixus rubbed Kye's face as he tucked his head under his own.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah. Excited for my family to visit. I want so badly to tell them everything I've done lately. My mom is going to be so proud of me."

Kye left small kisses all over his chest as he spoke. Crixus's eyes closed and sighed softly.