Chapter Eight

*MATURE CONTENT WARNING*

A few weeks went by without any issue. Kye learned his duties as the Adalwolfa and preformed them perfectly. He was basically still in charge of Crixus's health but if any other Rendell's had issues they would come to him. Tunstall was pleased at his performance and that's all that mattered.
Word had spread around the Temple of Crixus being Kye's Vinr. A few harsh words from Uwchlan, by the advice of Crixus, to the Temple quelled any snide remarks. All in all every Lycan followed Minerva's law, and with their goddess's blessing, no one spoke ill. Kye was revered for his work and earned his own spot in the Temple hierarchy.
Winter had blanketed the entire mountain in snow. The winters on Raul were always usually very harsh. The way the temple was built the only place that stayed cold in the winter was the main entrance. Open to the winds it was freezing. All the rooms and hallways stayed warmed but a sublevel lava flow. Eons ago metal workers built it into the ground. Keeping the Temple livable even in the coldest of winters. The Banda stayed away from the cold mountain for the most part. Keeping to the low lying valleys, they were of no threat to anyone now. Which in turn meant all the Ethelwulf lounged around their respective rooms. Bored.
The only thing everyone looked forwards to was the Moon festival. Held deep inside the Temple, all Lycans gathered and rejoiced in the name of their Goddess. It was a four day festival that ended with Minerva blessing the Temple with her presence during the winter full moon.
A heavy snow storm was falling only two days before the festival. All the Temple staff were busy keeping roads easy to see, so not to lose anyone traveling to them.

+Crixus awoke just before breakfast. He had made up his bed for the winter, the sides tucked with animal pelts and different blankets. Almost like a mini tent laid out in his room. Kye slept beside him, still naked from their eventful night. Crixus leaned over him and kissed his cheek.

"Wake up."

"I'm up..."

He mumbled. Crixus hugged him tightly and sighed.

"It's starting to snow..."

"I could smell it."

Kye said softly, his eyes still closed.

"My first real winter in the Temple."

Crixus nodded and leaned on his elbow to look out the window. He could just see the large flakes falling behind his curtain.

"Cold?"

Kye turned over and sighed.

"No actually. You are like a mini heater."

Crixus smiled at him.

"Thanks. What are your plans for today?"

Kye pulled the blanket over his head, curling back down into the pillows.

"Nothing. I'm on rest for today and tomorrow. Uwchlan has Kiara showing my other recipes to the Rendell. Which means I'm staying right here all day."

Crixus nudged himself under the blanket and kissed him.

"I like that idea. I could keep you warm all day. Maybe even hott and bothered."

Kye smiled and tossed the blanket off his head.

"I was more meaning to sleep."

"I'll fuck you in your sleep too."

Crixus growled his words. Kye sighed but touched his chest.

"Creepy. What are you doing today?"

"Fucking you."

Kye rolled his eyes and sat up under the low hanging pelts.