𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗.

Shidou's POV

"Alert the others. There's 4 zombies here."

"Make that 6."

"Huh?"

"There's 2 more over there. Look," Rin said. I shifted my gaze to where he was looking at and there were 2 more zombies closing in.

I tightened my grip on my bat. "Crap. Well I got it. Go tell the others."

"No you."

"Rin we don't have time to argue right now. You don't have a weapon and I'm trying to overcome my fear. You go tell the others."

"Hmph. Fine," Rin said, and ran into the store.

I sighed. "They haven't noticed me yet. But I can take on 6 right?" I laughed because I felt excited. "YOOO!"

2 zombies from my left noticed me and limped towards me.

"Freaks."

I ran up to them and bashed their knees, making them fall, and then I stepped on their backs and smashed their heads, blood staining my once clean bat. I'm gonna go on a killing rampage!

Y/N's POV

"There's 6 zombies outside!" Rin yelled. Isagi, Bachira, and I heard his voice and I'm sure all of our heart rates sped up.

"Not all of us have weapons... because we needed hands to carry food..." Isagi murmured.

"I'll fight," I said, grabbing one of Isagi's shopping bags and putting my stuff inside. "We left our weapons by the entrance right? I'll be there."

"Wait hold on -"

"We can't waste time. And I wanna help."

"But -"

"You think I can't do it?" Isagi went quiet to what I said. "You can keep collecting supplies. We'll defend you in the process."

Bachira took out a knife and threw it in the air. He caught it and swung it around between his fingers. That's dangerous but cool.

"It's OK, Yo-chan. If anything happens to your beloved y/n, you can blame me. Since I'll be protecting her too," Bachira said.

"Beloved?"

"Bye Isagi," I said, walking away with Bachira.

"BUT WHAT IF YOU DIE?!" Isagi yelled. The 2 of us turned around, facing him.

"I won't die," Bachira smiled.

"If I do then thanks for stretching with -"

"She won't die. I'm protecting her remember!" Bachira messed up my hair. We then waved one last time and ran towards the exit where Shidou and Rin were.

I grabbed an axe and surprisingly didn't find it heavy. I examined the sharp edge of the metal part. Just chop their heads off. Right?

I stepped outside the doors and was shocked to find 6 dead, bloody and beaten zombies lying on the ground.

"I stained my clothes..." Shidou whined, looking at the blood on his dark gray long sleeve shirt.

"Huh?" Bachira and I said at the same time.

"Oh heeey!" Shidou noticed us and ran over to us. "You can go back in. I got it."

"You're crazy," Bachira smirked.

"Hell yeah."

"There's still more coming you lukewarm idiots," Rin said.

I looked up to see more zombies, scattered but walking toward us. Then a zombie from the bushes came towards us a little faster than the others.