𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟒.

Y/N's POV

"Hey! Don't be scared, y/n!" Bachira said, grabbing my arm to help me stand up. I was so frightened by the 2 creatures on both our right and left sides. "I know it's easier said than done, but the car is behind that big monster. Let's call him... Beefy-san, yeah? But, as I was saying, the car is behind Beefy-san. We just need to get past him, and then we can get out of here."

"Do you see how big he is though?!" Kuon pointed at Beefy-san.

"RAICHI!!" Isagi yelled. Raichi was still frozen in place, just staring at the big zombie in front of him. Isagi, being the bold, caring boy he is, ran to Raichi and grabbed his arm, pulling him back towards our group. They made it back in one piece.

"Let's strategize here," Bachira thought. "What are his weak points that are easy to target? I'm sure stabbing his head will kill him, but he's too tall for us to reach his head so easily. Hmmm... What if I just..." Bachira took out a knife and threw it to Beefy-san's head, but much to our surprise, Beefy-san caught it.

"No good, this monster has intelligence. And I just lost a knife," the boy with yellow highlights sighed. "Slashing the back of his calves would throw him off balance, and won't allow him to walk, but it's risky. And... why does he have intelligence?"

I looked behind myself, seeing that spider zombie still leaping and hopping to places, eating dead victims it found. That creature scared the crap out of me. If I were to ever bump into it today, it's good-bye. Does it have intelligence, too?

"Um... Let's try slashing his Achilles tendon," I spoke. All the boys looked at me. "That was my original idea when we were dealing with Beefy-san the first time."

"Beefy-san?"

"That's the nickname I gave him! It's better than Big Zombie Monster, right? Hehe."

"Let's hurry up. We shouldn't waste our time talking about this."

"Kay kay, I'm going." Bachira prepared himself to risk his life for all of us. I pointed the location out to him, and taking a deep breath, Bachira swiftly ran up to Beefy-san and slashed his Achilles tendon and the back of his other leg's calf. He barely missed being grabbed in the process though. Bachira was lucky to have good dodging abilities, being gifted as an agile individual.

Beefy-san collapsed onto the ground after having these injuries inflicted to him. Bachira cheered in delight, but we couldn't celebrate as the scene attracted more zombies to our area. Seeing that spider zombie creature in the corner of my eye scared me, but there's a lot of us in this group. Teamwork and sticking together will get us out of here.

As Isagi squirted water in zombies' eyes, I would cut off their heads, which rolled onto the ground in front of me. Nasty, I thought.

"Damn, this shovel is good," Aryuu said, examining his blood-stained shovel. He was surprisingly good at using it as a weapon. "It's really useful."

"I'm glad Beefy-san doesn't have a regeneration power. We would've been screwed."

"Okay, we've eliminated all zombies, now let's get out of here!!" Karasu shouted. We jumped over cars and avoided corpses on the ground, determined to leave this hell hole of a place.

That's when Beefy-san roared.

All of us stopped our movements, the sound of his roar alerting us. He roared for about 10 seconds, before closing his mouth again. I looked at Beefy-san, who had turned his head to look back at me. Was that a cry for help?!

Looking further behind me, I saw the spider creature in the distance turn its head toward us. I wanted to cry. We're dead. We're gonna die today. This is our last day alive. I'm dead.