Chapter 14

*y/n is in the hospital while the rest of the team decide if it's time to put out a missing persons report on Reid. *

Hotch: Jj and Morgan, go to the nearest police department and fill out a missing persons report.

Jj: Are sure?

Hotch: yes. Also mention that y/n is in the hospital. If he sees it maybe he'll come back.

Morgan: come on Jj.

-

Jj: has Reid been acting off lately?

Morgan: i wouldn't notice if anything like this didn't happen.

Jj: I'm worried about him. I noticed but didn't say anything because I know how having a baby effects the dads emotions and everything it isn't easy so I thought that's all it was.

Morgan: I am too Jj. He'll come back. But he's going to need us. We have to be there for him. But we can't barge our way in like we did with Maeve.

It's the next morning and Reid still hasn't came back. Y/n is still in the hospital in a medically induced coma to keep her stable. They preformed an emergency c-section to try to keep the baby.

Garcia hacked into Reid's phone to see who is last texts and calls were too. They were last to known dealers for dilaudid and other narcotics.

The news airs and just as planned they publicized the missing persons report and that y/n his girlfriend and mother of his child are in the hospital in critical condition.

Reid's POV:

I wake up at approximately 7 am feeling dizzy and sick. I took so many pills and narcotics to feel a high and to get away from reality. This just makes me even more of a failure to everyone. I bet nobody is even worried about me.
I bought a burner phone just after I walked out on y/n last night but that's all I really remember before the high kicked in.
I look up the local news channel to see what's going on in the rest of the world.

"A local FBI agent went missing last night. His name is Dr. Spencer Reid. He is 33 years old, approximately 137 lbs, and is 6 foot tall. His girlfriend ssa y/f/n y/l/n is also in the hospital in critical condition along with their child. If you see Spencer please call us. 202-727-9099. Thank you."

What?! Y/n, shit. I have to go. I have to get back. I can't let anything happen to her or our daughter. I'm such a fuck up but I can't continue to be one and just leave her and our baby in this condition.

Hotch: it's been an hour, has anyone heard anyone on Reid or y/n?

Morgan: no. Do you think he saw it?

Rossi: of course he saw it. That kid is too knowledgeable to not watch it. Kid probably bought a burner phone after he left to at least keep in contact with dealers.

Hotch: can someone call Emily and see how
Y/n is doing?

Jj: I will.
Jj steps out the room to call Emily.

-
Emily: hey how is everything anything on Reid?

Jj: no, not yet. How's y/n.

Emily: they did a c-section and the baby is in the nicu. Y/n is in a medically induced coma to keep her stable. I don't know much except that the baby isn't well.

Jj: oh my god. Has Reid been acting strange lately?

Emily: he has but of course none of us said anything.

Jj: I thought it was just the nervousness of being a dad for the first time.

Emily: me too. Don't worry he'll come back.

Jj: I know he will. I'm just really worried.

Emily: we all are Jj. Anyways I have to go. The doctors are coming in.

Not even 5 minutes later Emily calls Jj back.