Chapter 4

;

"Wow, that's gotta hurt.." Noah mutters after I told him about what happened with Zach, "your leg too." He added.

I smiled at my dearest best friend, "life sucks, lets go to Las Vegas."

He laughs and put the basketball down and sits beside me on the bench.

"I know you're crazy, Evans. But we're gonna get through hell." He smile slightly.

"Remember when we were kids, we promised each other that we would travel the world together?" I reminded him.

"Oh right, you fallen off the swing that day. Well.. Pushed off by some girl." He smiles widely, "you have that awful scar on your face in kindergarten, you were so scared to go to school."

I look at him, "I am glad my scar is gone."

"Where have you been this few years?" I ask.

He left when we were 14, he came back last year and we didn't really talk much till winter.

"Believe it or not, I went to Australia and New Zealand."

"You're such a bad person." I stated.

"But it's ok, I am just glad my best friend is here." I mumbled.

"Aw, the badass is such a kind person." He cooed.

"And she really is because I know her since 4." He whispers.

"Oh shut up, moron. You tell anybody else about what happened between Zach and I, and I will slaughter you into pieces and maybe feed it to the endangered tigers or sharks."

"Aw, you care about the world!"

"Go fuck yourself, Russo."

;

"Hey," I step into The Parker's house.

"Woah, what happen to your leg?" Ava stood in front of me.

"It's nothing big, just a slight injury." I simply shrug.

"How's Peter?" I change the subject.

Ava let out a groan, "his condition got worst. And so, I've decided to live in a nearby hotel near the hospital. So, please be careful, Drew."

I stare at her, and blinked. "Can I live with you in the hotel?"

"Yes, but we're short on cash but we can make it work." Ava stated.

Why does it seem like everything is falling apart?

;

Noah😜; hey is your brother alright?

Me; his condition got worst. we're now staying in a hotel. I don't want to see this but i will miss seeing Ash Parker's body like every evening

Noah😜; TMI MY BEST FRIEND

Me; oh like we never say anything more inappropriate

Noah😜; like what?

Me; like that time when your hands were full, and I have to take your incoming call so I have to take your phone from your back pocket in public

Noah😜; you have a good memory...

Me; yeah because it was HORRIBLE AND EMBARRASSING

Noah😜; HAHAH ok, you need some rest. I will see you tmrw, night x

Me; hope spiders crawl up your bed tonight 🐞 x

Noah😜; that's a ladybug, my dear

Me; it's the closest thing to a spider now go to bed.

; Next Morning

"Hey, Evans! Here's your basketball jerseys." I look at Edwin and Trevor.

"Were you both deaf or-" I put my hand over and coughed.

"What?" Edwin has a smirk on his face.

"I didn't say I join the team." I struggle to say.

"Woah, your voice sounds like Batman. I guess it's a good thing since you love batman." Trevor states.

"If my brother was here-" I cough again, "do you want to go home?"

"I can't!" I reply immediately to Edwin, and also a very loud response.

"Ok... I think we should probably go before you explode." I let out a sigh as they walk away.

"How's your leg?" Owen approach me.

"Fine." I say, my voice in a low tone.

"Oh gosh, you sound horrible." Noah says.

"Shut up." I walk over and take Ash's English book from his hands, "I will return it to you later." I say.

"We're in the same class, Evans." He rolls his eyes and snatch it back.

"Well, I hope English lessons don't do the books because I lost mine."

;

I sit beside Ash in English class, it was assigned and it was like a boy, girl, boy, girl seats.

I hate it.

I hate the people I am surrounded by, they keep asking me questions like why is your face like that? Well, because I am freakin' tired!

"I think you're sick." Owen says. He sits just right behind us with Heather who is chewing gum rather loudly.

She's trying to get herself into detention because our English teacher is boring as fuck.

"Drew, please stop chewing gum!" Our English teacher exclaims, not even looking back at us.

"That's right, Drew. Stop it!" I felt like thousand pieces of crumpled up paper are thrown at me.

"Hey!" Ash frowns at them, "it's fine, just let them be." I muttered.

"Her brother isn't here, doesn't mean you can just treat her like that. Everyone should be treated equally." Ash stood up and say.

"Ok that's it, Drew Evans, Ash Parker, Owen Collin and Heather Johansson, principal's office now!"