1

The Gladers all stood around the box, peering down at the tunnel as they heard the alarm signaling it would be arriving any minute. Newt stood at the front of the crowd, trying to get the first look at the new greenie, as well as whatever new supplies the creators could have sent up.

Not long after, the 40 something teenage boys saw the box almost rise to the top. Newt's eyebrows came together with a confused glance as he finally saw what was inside the box.

"What does the new greenie look like?"

"Another slopper probably..." Someone spoke, causing everyone around them to let out a laugh.

"Slim it!" Newt called out, trying to crouch down to get a better look at something he quite literally has never seen before.

"It's a girl!"

"A girl!?"

"It sure looks like a girl, don't it?"

"Oh, it sure is nice to see a girl..." Someone else joked, causing Gally to shoot them a death glare.

"Why would they send us a girl?" Gally asked Newt as he shrugged, unsure himself with the answer.

"Why don't you ask whoever sent us here?" Alby sarcastically asked, coming through the crowd to where Newt and Gally were.

"Why now? Why would they send us a girl now?" Newt asked Alby as he shrugged his shoulders, peering down at the girl in the box who almost had made it to the top.

"Is she moving?" Alby asked out loud.

"It doesn't look like it." Newt quietly told him.

"Great... they finally send us a girl and she's dead!" Someone groaned out just as the box stopped at the top, allowing for Newt and Alby to open the doors.

"Relax you slinthead's! She can't be dead! Instead of gawking, help me get her out of here, would ya?" Newt said, rolling his eyes as he jumped into the box, crouching next to the girl.

The gladers were all eerily silent as they watched Newt try to shake her awake. It was an unspoken fact that the girl in the box was very beautiful, making most guys jaw drop as they couldn't even remember the last time they had seen a girl.

"Stop ya starring. Start loading the supplies out." Alby quickly instructed the gawking teens before jumping into the box himself, helping Newt lift her as Gally and Theo grabbed her from above. Once Gally had a decent hold on the girl, holding her bridal style, Alby instructed Newt to go with him to the Med-Jack room as he continued organizing their supplies.

Newt quickly followed Gally as they two followed Clint to the medical room.

"Lay her down on the bed Gally." Clint instructed as Gally quickly did.

"You go back and help the lot, I got it from here." Newt instructed as Gally nodded, quickly bounding down the stairs and leaving Newt and Clint to observe the sleeping girl.

"What's wrong with her?" Newt asked as Clint shrugged.

"I dunno. I'll get some fluids in her and see what happens..." Clint trailed off, carefully tipping her mouth open and slowly pouring water down her throat.

"Good, good. I'll send Jeff up." Newt spoke before leaving the room to head back to the box, quickly seeing Jeff lifting things out.

"Jeff!" Newt called out, catching the boy's attention. "Head up to the Med-Jack room to help Clint, I'll take it from here."

Jeff nodded before leaving Newt to work with the rest of the glader's.

//

Almost 5 days had gone by and the mysterious girl still hadn't woken up. Clint and Jeff regularly gave her water, and soup to try and nourish her and she still wouldn't wake. Alby and Newt were beginning to lose hope that she would ever wake up, but her pulse gave them home.