13

"Newt... you weren't supposed to hear that." Minho said, turning to the blonde boy who practically had anger radiating off of his body.

"What do you mean that Gally likes Aria?" Newt asked again.

"Look Newt you can't say anything, Gally just got really upset and we brought it up." Thomas said as Newt shook his head in disbelief.

"Not say anything? I'm going to kill him!" Newt angrily yelled out, turning towards the door to storm out before Minho and Thoms threw themselves at the door to block Newt from leaving.

"No, you cant! Newt, come on." Minho pleaded.

"Get out of my way!" Newt yelled again.

"You need to calm down!" Thomas yelled at him.

"Fine. I won't do anything." Newt said, his voice going quieter.

"Newt, she chose you. She's with you. You can't let Gally of all people get in the way." Minho tried to reason with him.

"And I said I'm fine. I'm not going to do anything." Newt repeated as the other two boys nodded, opening the door for the three to exit.

Thomas and Minho watched as Newt walked towards all the gladers eating their lunch, as Gally made eye contact with Minho, almost asking if Newt knew about Gallys feelings for Aria with his eyes. Minho gave him a slight nod as Gally in return rolled his eyes, going to walk towards Newt to talk to him, when Newt brushed past him, heading in Aria's direction.

Aria was leaning on one of the picnic tables, talking to Theo when Newt gently grabbed her arms and pulled her up so she was standing.

"Newt? What're you doing?" Aria asked, letting him hold her.

Newt did not respond as he brought her closer to himself, planting his lips on hers in a quick and passionate kiss, wrapping his arms around her lower back, tugging her close. The kiss took Aria by surprise but she practically melted into his arms, smiling into it.

The two heard a bunch of the gladers cheering for them, whooping and hollering in support of the two before Newt withdrew from the kiss, smiling down at the girl in his arms.

"What was that for?" Aria asked him quietly.

"No specific reason. I just wanted everyone to know how crazy I am for you." Newt told her before placing another quick kiss on her lips before letting her go.

Aria's face flushed as she saw all the gladers staring at her and Newt, so she sat back down across from Theo, the two starting to eat their food while Newt walked back over to Minho and Thomas.

"How subtle." Minho teased him.

"Gallys starring." Thomas pointed out as Newt turned towards Gally to see him leaning against one of the trees, anger written all across his face.

"Good, I'm glad." Newt shrugged, walking away once again to go blow off steam on his own.

"What the hell was that?" Theo asked Aria, his eyes wide.

"Uh, a kiss." Aria told him as he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I got that thanks, but why?"

"I don't know..."

"Has that happened before?"

"I mean, we have kissed a few times before but I thought we were keeping it private. Do you think everyone knows there's something going on between us now?" Aria sheepishly asked.

"Uh, yeah. Probably. I mean, everyone sort of assumed before with you two sharing a room and all but that just sort of confirmed it. How long has it been going on?" Theo asked, honestly shocked by his friend and Newt.