Chapter 5: Encountering the Dead

At the moment, the limo was driving through the streets of Pentagram City as well as it could, considering there were a ton of abandoned/turned over cars. Inside, the main party sat, each of them having mixed emotions about this whole thing. Charlie sat nervous, rubbing her arms and feeling her eyes shake while they head into unknown danger. Vaggie clenched her spear as tightly as she could, having only the thought of protecting Charlie at the moment. Her eye's moved to Steve, who was looking down on the floor while having his dual Lugers in hand. He was rather expressionless, with his red/white hair slightly covering his glowing red eyes. Angel Dust sat with guns hand as well, looking out the window at the destroyed city that laid before them. Alastor looked rather okay with the whole thing, but that was normal. He simply had one leg over the other and wore a closed smile instead of his normal toothy smile. Vaggie and Charlie could tell that was to show that even Alastor was having mixed emotions about this whole thing...

"...I just realized that half of us aren't properly armed for this armed."

The sound of Steve's voice mad every head turned towards him, seeing how he still hung his head low.

"We might need to get you girls some guns when we can.", he said, talking to Charlie and Vaggie.

"...You don't have to worry about that.", Vaggie said. "We can manage with what we got."

But Steve shook his head and said, "It's not enough. In my line of 'work', what you have to do is make sure never to let them come close to touching you. Make every shot count by hitting them in their weak spot."

"What would they're weak spot be?", Angel Dust asked.

"The head, mostly.", Steve answered. "Just blow enough bullets in them to make sure their heads explode. It's how you make sure they stay down."

"Anything else that we need to know about, Steven?", Alastor then asked.

Steve sighed as he continue on with his advice, "Don't get yourself cornered by any of them. Don't waste any ammo. Put ALL of you weapons to work. And don't. Stop. Moving. And again...it's just Steve."

Alastor's smile brightened at Steve's irritation, but the seriousness in his voice could be felt by everyone, but it was then interrupted by the limo crashing. It felt like it hit something in the front, something hard...really hard, as it made the entire car flip and land upsidedown. The passengers inside landed onto the ceiling and struggled to recover from the impact.

"Ugh... Is everyone okay?", Charlie asked.

"I'll be alright.", Vaggie grunted.

"I'm fine.", Steve answered.

"Mmmm...", said Angel, who landed on his face.

Then Charlie looks around and realized they're missing a person.

"Where's Alastor?"

Then, the door opened from the outside and grabbed hold of Charlie. It was the Radio Demon himself who was pulling her out of the car while the others crawled out and Steve was surprised to see that Alastor was unscathed...

"How did he do that?!", He asked.

"What can I say?", Vaggie said. "The freak has power."

"I'll take that as a compliment.", Alastor said.

Then one Angel Dust's arm came out of car, with the spider demon saying, "A little help?"

"Why do you need our help?", Steve asked. "You're the one with four arms."

"Well, it wouldn't kill you to be considerate!", Angel growled.

Vaggie looked unamused, saying, "Just get out here, Angel."