Chapter 8: Still The Best

Somewhere hidden from the rest of the city, the Three V's, Vox, Valentino and Velvet could see everything that was happening through monitors, outside the window and on their phones, as Velvet scrolled through hers to find anything that did not involve a zombie infestation. Even to them was it unbelievable that this was happening, a goddamn zombie outbreak in Hell of all realms. Not that it hardly mattered to them, as they believed themselves to be safe from where they stood. Val only hoped that his place of business and interest were still in one peace by the time this comes to an end. Otherwise, he would take his frustrations on one of his favorite employees...

"I'm so bored.", Velvet said to brake the silence. "When the hell is this shit gonna be done?"

"Shut it, Velvet.", The TV head, Vox said. "In case you haven't noticed, this shit has spread fast and thick. Cameras are even showing some other weird ass shit going down in Imp City. Chances are, it'll be spreading everywhere."

Velvet then childishly asked, "Then why don't we fucking do something about it? I mean, we have the money and resources, don't we? Plus, if we use that snake guy and whatever the fuck he can build, we can finished in no time."

"...Maybe.", Valentino finally spoke out, as he stared out a window, watching pillars of smoke rise out of Pentagram City, taking a whiff from his cigarette as well. "But chances are that Pentious is already zombie chow. We ain't gonna risk goin' out there and becomin' the same thing."

"It's not like staying here will make things any better for us, Val.", Vox replied. "In case you haven't noticed, our businesses are being crippled by this shit. This is worse than a fucking purge, because it's not gonna end."

The sound of seriousness and a hint of concern made the two other Overlords look at Vox, as if he was being out character.

"I know it. You two it. This shit ain't ending any time soon."

"Are you saying that we're not even safe here?", Growled Val. "That by some coincidence, those so-called zombies are gonna end up finding us here?"

"I'm not saying that at all.", Vox replied as the two got close into each other's faces. "But our position as Overlords are in jeopardy if we don't act now."

Just then, an alarm went off and the three had went over to look at the monitors. It seemed their security has been breached; and by breached, I mean what goons they had hired to protect them were ripped apart, bursting into flames, melting into white shit or are being injected with other shit coming from the several silhouettes that were making their way to the safe house of the Three V's. Vox, Val and Velvet couldn't believe it as soon, there was some very banging on the doors, and pretty soon, they buddy open to show about five shadowy figures standing there.

"What the hell?!", Val screams out.

"Who are you?", Vox asked. "And how the fuck did you find us here?"

The shadows said nothing as the one in front of them all stepped forward and the V's could see one of his eyes glowing red.

"This is what this dimension takes for Overlords?", it said in a male british voice. "You three clowns hardly look like threats to me."

"Do you know not who we are?", Val growled.

"Oh, I know very much who you are.", The shadows replied. "And I blame myself for expecting anymore other than this."

Val would not stand for being mocked as he decides to take out his cane when another one of the silhouettes suddenly shot a needle into the Moth Demon's neck with an injected in her hands. The overlord began to feel his body change from the inside out as Vox and Velvet could see the vanes rising onto his neck and Val falls to the floor.