Chapter 17: Among the Higher Class

Dr. William Birkin, Scientist, Virologist, Former Employee to the Umbrella Corporation, and one of the main causes to the Raccoon City Outbreak. Arriving in Hell at around 1998, Birkin had spent most of his time, wondering about Pentagram City, being an eyesore to anybody's path he crossed, as he arrived, appearing in his mutated form, with his giant, grotesque, monstrous arm and the remainder of his human body being as pale as chalk with red veins visible all around, the same color of his pupils from his now blackened eyes. Because of his mutations, he was a shell of a man, a vegetable, having only one thought in his mind as he practically limped through the streets.

"Sherry...Sherry..."

His beloved daughter. He had yet to see her here, so it was best to assumed that she still lived. He felt guilty, due to realizing that he was responsible for infecting her with the very same virus he injected into himself. He now exists in regret of all the things he's ever done, and his damnation was proof of that. Not long ago, before all of the Pride Ring went from Bad to Worse, Birkin caught the attention of someone he wished he'd never have to meet again. The same guy who's research he took over at the order of his old benefactor, Oswell E. Spencer. He may of realized that killing someone off in order to take over their research...may have been the wrong thing to do, as he was dragged off the streets that day from familiar looking, giant leech in a pantsuit. But, to be fair, Dr. Marcus deserved every right to be in Hell as Birkin. Just ask the many children he killed off in life.

Later on, did Birkin find himself working for another familiar face, one that he once considered in ally in their experiments, such as in assassination and the creation of virus and B. . In an unknown area, was the G-Scientist himself trapped within a lab, where was forced to work on advancing the currently existing viruses and parasites that have taken over the majority of Pentagram City, making them stronger...by order of Wesker.

"Ugh...Oh, Sherry...Sherry." Again, does he say his 'mantra'. Not here by choice, he saw no point in continuing his experiments in the afterlife. But he was dragged back into this nightmare, forced to work by his old college's command. It was clear to Birkin that Wesker was going to be making much use of him, until he's out-served his purpose. And just if he's so tempted to escape, Wesker placed a device on Birkin's second head. Oh...did I forget to mention that Birkin was also forced to mutate into his G-2 form, in order for the second head to pop and take control of his body? Any of his original intellect was trapped in his original head, in his semi-absorbed brain, and Wesker had managed to crack the code that allows him to have control over the mutate. All Birkin had to do was feed his knowledge to his other half, and let the body do the rest, even if it was against his will. And it was then, the shades-wearing sinner arrived to see how his old friend was doing.

"Ah, William...I've see you've been making quite the progress." Wesker said. "You've always been good with viruses you've yet to experience."

"Wesker..." Birkin growled. "I've done everything you asked, advanced every single virus, rounded up the exposed subjects...when will you free me?"

"You mean, kill you?" Wesker replied, making Birkin snarl, inhumanly. "Oh, I wouldn't do that to you, William. You're too good to throw away. You've always seem to exceed expectations, despite what those from Umbrella said."

"Well, from what I've heard, you tend to dispose of those who've outlived their usefulness to you."

Wesker kept a sly smile on his face as he said "You've met Excella, didn't you? Well, I don't recall you complaining when we allowed to witness Marcus' assassination, all so that you can take over his research."

"Speaking of which." Birkin snarled. "Why is that old bastard even here? And how did you make him your lapdog?"

"I've had a lot of time...years, actually, to prepare for this. I need only to...associate with some of Umbrella's greatest shadows, unite them under one cause...my own, and just in a few days, was the entire Ring of Pride under my control."