Chapter 14: Getting Somewhere

Walking through the semi-abandoned streets of Pentagram City, Steve has yet to find anything or anyone who he could convince can find sanctuary back at the hotel. Most demons here are ironically, too scarred, too angry or too trigger happy to comply. Seriously, a few tried to blast at Steve when he was trying to help.

"Assholes. The lot of them." He mumbled to himself as he continued to head through the streets while avoiding any other unnecessary surprises.

(BANG)

Like that. Steve got into cover when the sound of a sniper rifle went off from looks of where the bullet made contact, the sniper was aiming for him. Hiding behind a wrecked car, Steve made no sudden movements against the guy who once more fired and nearly landed on in the back of Steve's head. This situation was causing Steve to have flashbacks. This whole thing felt like back when he was with Claire, and they'd be fighting...

"Ashford..."

The thought of the name made Steve grow with rage as the moment the next shot was fired, Steve immediately turned went all out blitz on the sniper. His ingrams were enough to burst through the concrete of the rooftop to where the sniper was firing from. Steve could sense that the guy ran away, but it wouldn't be the last of him. He was sure of it. He looked back at where the bullets made their mark and it made Steve think.

"Guy's a better shot than Alfred...I'll have to be more careful." He said before looking around. "...God, maybe I should've brought backup."

"Understood, Steve. We'll send Brad after you." Enrico said through the Radio. "Keep doing what you're doing. Look for more survivors."

"You know, when you actually take a peak inside the place. It's not that bad."

That was Josh who said that. It was only a few hours ago when the remainder of Verosika's former crew came to the Hotel and were welcomed by Charlie and searched by the S.T.A.R.S. Not that half of them mind the former cops to be a little handsy.

"I don't know about you girls, but I'm think of having that snake boy or birdie all to myself." Kiki told Coco and Apple.

"Well, you can have them." Apple replied, putting her arm around Coco. "After what we've been through, I'm never letting go of my sweet Coco right here."

"That goes double for me." Coco said wrapping her arms around Apple, and pretty soon the two were making out.

"Get a room, you too." Edward came by with his own rifle, saying "Seriously, if you're gonna do that here, get a room. Husk has the keys."

Apple blew a raspberry at him while Coco dragged her over to the counter. Meanwhile, Vortex was leaning up against the wall next to Loona, who was busy looking through her phone on any information regarding the chaos that has been happening right now. It has been too quiet and even she can't hide her concern for Blitzø, Moxxie and Millie. When her phone didn't seem like enough, she decided to do a little small talk with Vortex. And that was already hard enough on its own.

"So...how are things?"

"Could be better." Vortex said bluntly. "My girl's dead, my boss' scum...and now, we're here. Cooped up in a hotel that looks like it's been through shit."

"Yeah, this place went a little bad right before you guys got here." Loona explained. "Luckily, we held our own, managed to clean up...to bad about Moxxie though. He got the worst of it."

"Yeah. I, uh...saw that when Verosika was gonna kill him...and when he shot me in the foot."'

This made Loona turn her head and face Vortex with a suspicious look in her eye.