Chapter 6: Meet the S.T.A.R.S.

The gang was still fighting back against the zombie-demon horde that surrounded them, with Steve, Brad and Joseph blowing their heads off, Angel and Cherri blasting them away, back-to-back, Vaggie slashing through them with her spear while protecting Charlie, who couldn't really fight at the moment, and Alastor who merely stood still where he was and slaughtered any walking corpse that came near him...

"Man, this brings back unsettling memories!", Steve screamed out.

"Agreed!", Brad said. And Joseph said, "Ditto!"

"Does this kind of stuff happen a lot around you guys?!", Angel yelled out.

To which Brad answered, while smacking a zombie with his gun, "You. Have. No. I. Dea!"

Then Joseph brought out a shotgun, saying, "At least there are no dogs!"

"Aren't you a dog?", Vaggie asked while pulling out her spear from a zombie's skull.

"Yeah, and I hate being a dog!", Joseph yelled.

"I don't blame him.", Brad said while reloading. "It's a long story. We'll tell you later."

"This would be going a whole lot faster if everybody pitched in and fought back!", Steve yelled, pointing out to Charlie.

"I'm sorry, but...I can't!", She yelled out. "These were my people! All I wanted was to help them!"

Brad then realized something, as he blew off another zombie's head, "Wait, weren't you laughed at on live TV?"

"Oh yeah! I should've recognized you!", Joseph said, reloading his shotgun. "That song was kinda weird, if I'm honest."

"Well, if you assholes don't like the idea, you can go fuck each other and throw yourselves to the zombies!", Vaggie yelled out, angry at the two S.T.A.R.S members.

"That's not what we're say at all!", Brad said, firing more bullets. "Like the kid said, you're gonna need more clients at your hotel when this is over. We'll be more than happy to check in!"

"Really?! You mean it?!", Charlie asked excitingly.

"Yeah.", Joseph said, suddenly aiming towards Charlie. "But for now, get down!"

Charlie quickly ducked as Joseph blasted a zombie that was right behind her. The horde was now entirely dead and the street they were on was caked in their bloody corpses.

"Well, looks like that was the last of them.", Steve said, before turning towards Charlie. "And you were some help, princess."

"Hey! Leave her alone!", Vaggie told Steve. "If she doesn't want to fight, don't force her! This is hard on her!"

"Sometimes, you gotta close your heart to this type of stuff.", Steve said. "Making the hard decisions, that's how we survive."

Then Angel was starting to say, "But you do know that-"

"We're already dead. I get it.", Steve said, irritated. "But you can keep on not fighting forever, Charlie. If this is gonna go how I think it is, then you WILL need to make the hard decision."

Vaggie glared at Burnside while Charlie had her head down, reluctantly. Eventually, she said, "...You're right, Steve." It caught the attention of Vaggie, who looked surprised at what she said. "We all need to fight.", She said. "And I'm willing to pitch in any way I can."

Steve gave her nod while Vaggie still held her glare at him. Then Brad broke the growing silence, saying, "It's...not safe to stay out here. We should head back to Enrico."

"Who's Enrico?", Angel asked.

"Our captain.", Joseph answered. "He's waiting for us at a Garage we made our basecamp."