The Motel

Elijah-

The raindrops hit the isolated grounds of the alleyway as I doze off in Y/N's arms.

Now, It isn't just about Y/N being in the moment but for the both of us sharing a moment together.

The raindrops melted with my tears, unfortunately Y/N isn't blind enough not to notice them.

She knows I am in pain but she doesn't  know how to comfort me except for just letting me doze off on her shoulders, weird.

She is here with me but It only feels intimate on my part not hers.

"So, what now?" y/n asks.

I reach in my pocket for my phone but it isn't there. This is not possible. What the fuck? I sit up and look for my lost phone AND wallet AND car keys while panicking.

"They are gone! My wallet? My phone? My keys?" I face y/n who is trying to hold in her laughter.

"What?"

She cracks up loudly. "I have some money. Let's rent a room for the night then we can go back home tomorrow." 

"Yeah, alright." I nod while she continues to laugh obnoxiously.

y/n puts my arms around her waist in order to help me walk and takes me to shady-looking motel.

I wanna leave but my injured leg isn't going to let me do that. I think I just need some rest so getting a room with a bed in this motel wouldn't hurt, right? 

We walk up to the counter only to be greeted by a creepy man who looks to be in his late 40's.

"Hey, would you do like a room?" he asks in a detached manner.

"Yeah" Y/N replies. 

"Separately or not?" 

I turn over to Y/N for confirmation, she nods.

"1 room for the both of us actually" I say hesitantly. 

The man leans over the counter in order to get closer to my face, "Keep it down, okay? The walls are pretty thin around here." he whispers in my ear loudly while checking out y/n in an alarming manner.

"We are not planning to fuck." y/n rolls her eyes. She takes the room from the man and walks away.

I cringe at the man's expressions. He looks taken back and disappointed. 

I subtly laugh and leave as well. The more you explore this place the shadier it gets.

Y/N turns on the TV and I flick on the single light bulb in the room.

"Oh this TV is full of cheap home made porn." y/n looks irritated. I laugh in response.

The creepy counter man was right you had to keep it down, we could hear people doing the deed in the rooms near us.

I look at Y/N awkwardly "The walls are thin, aren't they?" I say making her turn around to look at me.

"What else do you expect people to be doing in motels at midnight?" Y/N shrugs making us both chuckle.

y/n excuses herself into the restroom while I throw myself on the bed. It made crap ton of creaking noises as I landed. I am met with the rusty ceiling.

I can't believe I was gonna use this amazing girl for my own selfish purposes. Ethan was right, I should get over Cayla. She doesn't care about me but y/n, at least it seems like she does.

y/n comes back and I snap myself out of it. "Hey." she sits next to me.

I sit up and rest my head on her shoulders to avoid eye contact, "Hey."

We stay like that for a while, it was peaceful but I decide to break the silence with a confession that was eating me alive, "I wanted to date you to get back at this girl called Cayla. She was my ex girlfriend. I am really sorry y/n."

The room goes silent.

"I genuienly like you y/n and that is why I want you to know the truth and to know I have changed."

"I like you too, elijah." she says blandly but it was enough to put a massive smile on my face.

I deepen our half hug but y/n doesn't fully participate, "Elijah, you need to get some sleep." she gets up.

"I am not sleeping unless you are on the bed with me." I fold my arms, jokingly.

"Guess it's gonna be a sleepless night for you." she enters the bathroom again.

"hey!!" I whine playfully and decide to take some rest.

Y/N-

Elijah dated Cayla as in Cayla Brady? That can't be it. She was my fuck buddy that I had a blowout with in the grocery store. I had to get to the bottom of this mess.

I told Elijah to go to sleep so I could do this with full focus. I pulled up Instagram on my phone and looked up Cayla's account.

I had never stalked her Instagram before. There it was, a bunch of pictures of Elijah and her together.

I wanted fly over Cayla's right then and there to talk. I had to.

She was in New York visiting her friends. I knew that. I wanted to get there and talk to her in real life not through text or a call.

How was I gonna do that?

I was forced to snap out of my thoughts as Elijah asked "I'm thirsty, where's the water?"

"I don't know, go downstairs and ask" I replied.

I didn't know how I felt about the whole Cayla and Elijah thing.

I need to do something about this. I need to talk to both of them at once.

Elijah came back but I didm't really pay attention to him as I was deep in thought.

He entered in with a bunch of bottles and started drinking from them, they were probably filled with water. I assured myself and went back to thinking.

"I feel kinda funky. I actually feel good like really fucking good." Elijah chuckled.

That was a bit weird so I attempted to look around and ended up  discovering  those bottles weren't filled with water but instead whisky.

"God this boy is blind", I mumbled.

"Where did you get these from?" I asked and tried to hold him still because he wouldn't stop fidgeting and hurting himself.

"Why would I know?" He said and laughed innocently.

He was drunk. He made it easier for me. I perfectly knew what to do now.