New York City- Continuation

Elijah-

We left the hospital because my health got better. It was good news but I have my family dominating my thought process. They sure as hell know I am gone. They do care. What if they call the cops?

"y/n?"

"yeah?"

"Don't you have a family?"

y/n chuckles, "Doesn't everyone except orphans."

"Aren't they gonna call the cops?"

y/n looks clueless.

"When they notice you being gone for a whole day?'

She turns over to me, "I have been gone for 5 years now. They haven't noticed yet."

I stop walking, "Would you care to elaborate?"

This girl drops heavy stuff like this so casually, it's like she doesn't realise the sentimental value of incidents.

"I ran away from home when I was 16."

"and why was that?"

She ignores my question, "y/n I asked you something."

"Knowing why I ran away isn't gonna change the way you live. you don't need to act liek you give a fuck."

She always acts so pessimistic. Will she ever open up to me?

"Well I have a family that cares about my whereabouts. They will report me as missing to the cops if I don't tell that I am doing okay."

y/n looks concerned, "Shit, then you better go call them."

I glance over at the telephone booth y/n was pointing at, "okay."

I have Ethan's phone number memorized so I quickly ring him up

I have Ethan's phone number memorized so I quickly ring him up. He picks up after 2 rings. Had he been anticipating my call?

"Hey! Elijah!" he yells.

"Yeah, hi I just called to- you know-" I stutter as I see y/n entering the booth.

"What the hell happened with your date and stuff man?"

I make eye contact with y/n before replying, "uh I am with her right now actually."

"and? are you okay elijah? that's what's important."

I take a moment to appreciate Ethan. It is a blessing to have someone who truly cares about you no matter how many times you fuck up.

y/n gives me a nod of agreement when I reply, "I am fine. Everything's fine, don't worry."

"Where are you though?"

"uhh nowhere special. that's for sure." I chuckle.

"Are you hiding something? wait, is the girl there with you, still?"

Ethan gets it. he is still my caring, trustworthy, psychic twin. I love him for always looking out for me.

"No and yes." I couldn't lie twice to Ethan so I admitted to y/n being with me.

"I don't trust this Y/N girl, Elijah. Okay, hear me out. Laugh If you are in danger." Ethan says from the other end of the telephone.

I laugh out loud without realising it. 

"Do you want me to get the authorities involved? laugh if yes and say how's Rudy? If no" Ethan states.

With no hesitation I ask "How's Rudy?" Ethan gives me a disappointed and cold sounding "Good."

I felt bad for not seeking out help from my own twin brother but I wanted to be Y/N's side.

It's weird I am lying to my family to cover up Y/N's actions, A girl who I met just 2 days ago. She is doing something to me. She's making me feel some type of way and all of it isn't positive.

"Don't trust Y/N. Just watch out man and keep in contact with me, All I'm trying to do is help you. I hope you get that" Ethan hangs up.

Ethan is being paranoid. I should brush it off and focus on what I have right now, y/n.

I look at her, "He's not gonna call the cops, I promise."

"Good, by the way who's Rudy?" y/n asks.

"Oh it's our cat" I reply while gathering my thoughts about the situation and trying to interpret them.

"I'm more of a dog person" She smiles.

"You don't say that to a cat owner" I say.

"I own a cat is something you don't say to a dog person" She replies.

She manages to make me smile even in situations like these by saying stupid stuff. Maybe at the end of the day Ethan is just overreacting.

Just because he's my twin brother doesn't mean he gets to tell what I should feel in my heart.

I want Y/N to be my girlfriend very badly and the thought of Ethan being suspicious of Y/N and me being head over heels for her was eating me alive, I need a break.

"Let's go get some drinks from the nearest bar or something" I say as she was the one with the stolen money in her pocket.

"It's 1 in the afternoon" she laughs. 

"Please. I am craving some right now" I say.

"Okay then" she rolls her eyes.