The other side

No one's pov-

Meanwhile y/n and elijah were having the night of their life, Braxton was having his worst.

He went into his local police station to get more information on his dad's murder case. That's right, David Stonem was the man who got murdered at a motel on 24th december 2019 at 2:43 am.

He was father, a brother and a husband to his respective late wife, Judy Stonem.

"Sir currently there are no leads on your dad's case." The police officer informed Braxton.

"It's been 5 fucking days." he slammed thr front desk.

"Calm down- please. We are trying our best, just give us more time. Deputy John has done the DNA tests. the results will be out soon."

He replied but Braxton was too focused on the monitor behind him. It was a tape of a robbery. He was intrigued by it.

The police officer noticed, "Oh, that?"

"Did that happen here?" He asked.

"No. california. We are said to keep a look out on it too though. It was an unarmed robbery, no one was hurt but all the states departments have been told to do a background check on the man in t-" he got disrupted by Braxton,

"I know him. The man." The police officer's eyes widened.

"He assaulted me! The day my dad died! In the fucking bar! I know that motherfucker." He aggressively pointed at the monitor.

"That bastard. He changed the way he looks."

The police officer took Braxton in for some questioning. He lied about Elijah assaulting him and kept y/n out of the case.

He claimed that the cause of his eye injury was elijah and he definitely has a connection with his dad's murder.

He though he was framing elijah but little did he know he was actually telling the truth. Elijah was present when the murder took place. No one realized that, yet.

The police officers working on the case were shocked to know the recognition from Braxton of the man involved in the unarmed robbery.

"We better get that promotion. We need to solve this. This shit is the biggest lead we will ever get. Look into the man from the robbery." The police officer informed the others.

While the police diverted all of their attention to the strange man in the CCTV footage, y/n and elijah were struggling to keep their life intact.

Elijah-

"They are closing down! Let's go!" y/n screams in my ear. I continue to violently throw up in the toilet.

God this hangover is a bitch. I have splitting headache and no concept of reality.

I finally muster up the strength to get up and leave the club with y/n. As she said, they were closing down or something.

When we reach far away from the vicinity. I stop y/n, "I wanna sleep. I can't stand up "

I wanna feel a soft bed against my body. I've had too much to drink today and y/n knows it.

She dugs into her pockets and gives me a look, full of despair, "We have no money left."

"Didnt we have tons of it? Where the hell did it go then y/n?." I yell firmly.

"The food and your goddamn drinking problem." She yells backs.

I can't believe we wasted all of our money on useless things. Not even clothes, a phone or a place but alcohol.

It was fun in the moment but we are paying the price right now. Ironically, we don't have the money to pay any kind of price.

Y/n walks away and I follow, yelling after her. "What are we gonna do now? Do you realise how much we've fucked up? y/n yo-"

Her silhouette disappears into a hotel. I hesitantly stand back and look up towards the building.

It's past 4 in the morning. I don't want the events from last week to reenact themselves.

I sigh and decide to go stand where y/n is anyways, praying for the best.

Y/n folds her arms and leans up against the front desk. The two men give us weird looks and break the silence, "So what you guys like the delux-"

y/n interrupts, "We would like the money."

I alongside, the two strangers let out a chuckle. This is the worst time to be funny.

"I am being dead serious." she pulls out a knife from her jacket's pocket.

I feel my heart freeze when I realise it is the same knife she killed the guy with. She kept it? Why?

I step back and witness this girl transition to an utter different person. I was dumb to think I knew her. I never did.

The two men hand their money to us and we flee.