The Men's room

Y/N-

When I was on my way to the airport. I had calmed down a bit. I gained my composure back.

I started thinking practically and remembered about the news. I had to check what was happening.

I asked the driver for his phone because I "needed to call someone" I put the name of the man from the motel on the google.

Tons of results showed up but the first one caught my attention. The DNA test results were out! I read further and found out the cops had made the results public.

It was official. The only DNA present at the crime scene belonged to Elijah Best.

"My friend isn't picking up." I returned the phone back to the driver.

Elijah was unknowingly going to take the bullet for me. I didn't know how to stop that or did I even want to stop that?

All I was certain of was to be there for him. I reached the airport and ran through the vicinity like I was a mental asylum patient on the loose.

I checked every little corner and asked everyone if they spotted a tall, skinny man boarding a plane. They said they had no clue and treated me like an alien.

I was one mental breakdown away from getting kicked so lastly I decided to check the bathrooms.

I pushed open the door to the men's room and there he was. Drenched in his own blood, holding some pills close to his wide open mouth.

"Elijah!" I yelled.

He glanced at me and hid the pills behind his back. He also stepped to the end of the room, "ha i- uhh." he stuttered.

"I came back for you!" I didn't know what to say.

He looked down and tears were running down his face, "Yeah-h."

Him holding those pills which he suspiciously got rid of, had me terrified.

What did I made him do? Was everything my fault? It was a horrifying scene indeed. I think I almost lost him that day. Thank god, I made it in time.

Elijah-

I can't believe it. She came back for me. She looks absolutely worn out, she's all wet and messy.

"Is it raining outside?" she nods.

Y/n closes the gap between us by approaching me. She takes her jacket off and starts gently daping it on my bruises.

I wheeze in pain as I didn't expect that. She holds my hands tightly as a way to comfort me.

I almost did it. I was one second away from chucking those pills down my throat, all at once.

Y/n doesn't realise it but she saved me from taking my own life. "Elijah." she mumbles.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry." she says and I smile in response.

"Why are you smiling?" She asks and I break out into a laughing mess. "There's- a-a leaf in your hair." I pick it out of her hair.

She rolls her eyes playfully. "You look like you've been in the jungle for days."

We share a chuckle and she continues to heal my pain away. I gently rest my head on her chest, hoping she doesn't deny my gestures. She is never comfortable with physical or emotional contact.

She doesn't push me away and I am happy about it. Instead, she plays with my hair.

I close my eyes and take in the moment which instantly gets ruined, "Elijah, I have to tell you something."

"Go on."

"There's a warrant out for your arrest. They found your DNA in the motel."

My heart is racing. This why my parents are upset with me, right? They don't even know the whole story thought.

"What happens now?" I try to ask, calmly.

"We'll find some evidence that you were just the witness and-" I interrupt her,

"I will admit to murdering him y/n."

She might've caused this mess but she doesn't need to serve life time in prison for attacking in self defense while hundreds of killers roam free.

"No! Elijah!" She faces me.

I don't mind going to prison if it's to save someone elses life from being a living hell. Especially, if that person is y/n.

"Let me do it." I look into her eyes. They look soft and delicate. I've never seen those emotions in them before.

She nods her head no and kisses me. I kiss her back and things start to escalate. We exit the airport and go rent out another room.