18. Pas De Carrousels

She turned around amazed at the many stalls and glowing lights around them. It looked a mix of Vegas and a country fair. There were cute games like archery where you won teddy bears but there were also clubs with wild lights that flaunted their casinos.

"Welcome to Quiga. The social capital of the pack land"

"Wow. You have a mini Vegas?"

"Vegas is a bit of a stretch but something like that"

"Where are we going?" She asked when they continued moving and passed the more lively party of town

"You'll see" He grinned as he rounded a corner. She followed suspiciously and stood in amazement as she took in the large glass building in front of them.

The building was almost as wide as the pack house. White light shone brightly inside illuminating all the greens and setting the glow on the glass walls green.

"What do you think?" Sky asked feeling quite proud as they stood at the door. She turned to him then and because she didn't want to ruin their date, she bit her tongue on the sarcastic comment in her head

"It's beautiful" She stated simply. She used to love green houses. Eucharia, her mom, used to keep one. Before it all went down. Now it was just a painful reminder of things she couldn't do anymore.

"You don't sound as excited as I thought you'd be"

"Just out of curiosity, what made you think that out of everything here, a green house would interest me?''

"You kept muttering about your greenhouse that got destroyed and how you'd build the biggest greenhouse ever. I thought you'd be elated"

"I said WHAT?! How much did I say that day?"

"A lot" He looked like he was mocking her "Come on, if you don't like this there are other things" He said taking her hand and pulling her away. She pulled him back

"We're already here anyway" It made her uncomfortable but the usual calmness she felt was also there

Thirty minutes later, Kayleigh was in a long, deep discussion with Lawrence, the owner about the right way to care for Peace Lilies. "Miss, you must love he greenhouse. Do you have one?"

"I used to but it's nothing compared to this. I don't think there's anything I won't find here"

"You're welcome back anytime"

"Thanks and I'll hold you to that" She replied and he laughed

"She your mate?" Lawrence asked Sky as Kayleigh looked around a final time

"Yea" He replied still watching her like he had been all night. She seemed like a totally different person.

"You are really lucky. She's amazing" And with that, he disappeared to tend to his plants

"She is amazing" He agreed as he watched her touch leaves delicately

"What do you want to eat?" Sky asked as they stood in the middle of the fair

"That fast food place looks good" She pointed at a simple building whose entire west wall was omitted to create a large outside space and tables were set up both inside outside but left a way into the building. The building itself was made of simple red bricks-whether they were actual blocks or just painted on was not clear but above it was a sign of burger, fries and coke and the name Tina's.

"You want fast foods for dinner on a date?"

"Yup. It's perfect. Quiet places are not for me" He raised a brow at that "I don't like people talking to me because I have to actually talk back but I do enjoy some background noise"