Chapter 6

"Pack your bags. We're going to Miami," my mom announced. 

"What?" I asked, confused. Spring break is next week. We have family in Miami. Megan and her family was there too for a few weeks now. They usually rent a condo there. 

"The four of us?" I asked.

"No, your dad has to work. It will just be the three of us."

"Oh, cool."

It's springtime in Florida, which means it may be a tad too cold for shorts and a tank top, but nice enough for a light jacket or ripped jeans. 

We usually plan our vacations late, since we don't really need a plane ticket or a hotel room. We will probably stay with my mom's cousin, Leia, and we drive there ourselves. 

A week later, I'm in the car, preparing myself for a sixteen-hour car ride to Miami. I blasted my music to keep my mom awake and read Farewell to Arms. I can't decide if I like Hemingway's style or not. Don't get me wrong, I believe he is a literary genius who singlehandedly transformed English literature, but I feel like his way of writing is too minimalistic for my taste. It's like looking at modern art. You know that it's a work of genius, but you prefer looking at more intricate paintings.

I'm getting off topic here.

Anyways, it was a long car ride. My brother spent most of it sleeping and playing video games and my mom and I took turns driving. 

Still no texts from Liam.

Maybe it was just over, since he did go on a date with Megan. She said that it went well.

Or maybe he found out. 

Either way, it didn't matter. Done is done, right?

We arrived it Leia's house at around 11 p.m., and we were exhausted from the trip, so we went straight to bed. 

The next morning, I decided take a jog, and stop by Megan's apartment. I was familiar enough to know where the trail outside the house was, but I had no clue where the apartment was, so I sent her a text asking her to send me her address. Waiting for her to reply, I began running on the trail. 

"Hey," I heard a voice from behind me say. I knew that voice. 

I turned around to find a pair of blue eyes staring at me.