Chapter 12

"You look great," Logan said as I opened the door to the apartment for him. 

"Thanks."

"You ready?" 

"Yeah, let me just grab my phone," I said. 

I was not about to let Liam throw me off, so I plastered a fake-smile and walked out the door with Logan. 

The date was pretty great. We walked around the city and explored, and then found a cute park and ate a sandwich while watching the sun set. Then, he walked me back home. It felt really nice. 

Logan was a nice guy. I found out that he plays soccer and likes math. Conversation is easy with him. Being with him is easy. 

He walked me to the door of my mom's cousin's apartment. I let myself in with the spare key I picked up before I left.

I walked in, my feet killing me after all of that walking. 

And there he was. 

Liam. 

Again. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, annoyed.

"We didn't finish our conversation earlier."

"I already told you, there is nothing to say."

"Say you want me."

"What?" I asked, surprised. What was that supposed to mean? Who does he think he is? 

"Say you want me," he repeated. "Say you want me in your life. Say the words and I'll make it happen." 

"What the hell?! You are dating Megan! Dating, Liam. Dating." He could not be saying what I think he's saying. 

No.

No.

"Maya," he said softly. Damn, I can't say no when he says my name like that. "Maya, look me in the eye and tell me that you don't feel some connection between us."

He was right. There was something. I wasn't sure what to say, so I didn't say anything. What was I supposed to say? 

"I have a feeling, Maya. I have a feeling that this is it. We're it. Say you feel it too. We can figure it out and..."

"No!" I interrupted. "You don't even know me!" I was yelling at this point. "You're like ten years older than me!  You're dating someone who's practically my sister! You're fucking out of your mind!"

He was silent this time. 

We were both silent.

There was nothing left to say. 

The next thing happened faster than I could process. 

Suddenly, his lips were on mine. 

Again. 

I stumbled back from the impact and my back hit the door. 

The kiss was passionate, like he couldn't breathe and I was his air. 

Maya, stop. 

Maya, stop.

Maya, stop.

I couldn't stop. The thought seemed physically painful. 

His hands dropped to my ass, pulling my hips closer to his. 

I could feel him. 

His hands went lower as he grabbed the back of my thighs, lifting me up so my legs wrapped around him. 

He picked me up and brought me over to the couch. Laying me down, he put his body on top of mine. He began exploring under my dress, electricity in every place where my skin touched his. 

Too much clothes. 

I began tugging his shirt up, and he pulled away only to remove his shirt. The fabric of my dress was already bunched up on my hips, leaving my white underwear exposed. 

This was going too far. 

I couldn't do this. 

I finally found the willpower to push him off of me. 

His face was unreadable. 

I began to fix up my dress and my hair. 

His face was unreadable. 

I just keep fucking shit up.