Chapter 11

"Go out with me tomorrow," Logan said as we were approaching the building my family was staying in. 

"What?" I ask, confused. He seemed to do that to me pretty often.

"Go on a date with me tomorrow," he clarified. 

I'm not exactly sure what possessed me, but Logan seemed like a genuinely nice guy and he was easy to be around. Besides, I had to get over Liam, right? So, I agreed. I've made so many bad decisions lately, what's the worst that could happen if I made one more?

I spent the rest of the day in the apartment, avoiding Megan and Liam mostly. 

The next day, Logan texted me that he will pick me up around one o'clock, which meant that I started getting ready at noon. My family left to go sight-seeing, so I had the place to myself. 

I decided on a grey asymmetrical sundress that had a small slit down my left leg and was made from a geometric floral pattern. It was very cute, very flirty, and very practical, considering the fact that it was a really hot day and the dress was the lightest thing I owned. It shamelessly showed off my cleavage and I was pleased to discover that my ass looked pretty good too. I looked effortlessly hot. 

I left my hair down and put on a small necklace with a small flower. Nothing too much. 

I took one look in the mirror and decided not to put makeup on. It was probably going to rain again today and I didn't feel like having dripping mascara. I almost never really wear makeup. It's a social construct, in my opinion. The only people who wear makeup are those who enjoy it. You shouldn't wear it if you only wear it to look pretty. Makeup isn't directly related to level of attractiveness, or at least it shouldn't be. 

I heard the doorbell ring and I made my way to answer the door, expecting Logan. 

It, of course, was not Logan. 

"We need to talk," Liam said from the doorway.

"Nothing to talk about."

"I'm sorry, Maya, I really shouldn't have..." 

"Whatever happened is in the past now," I interrupted. "What's done is done and we should just forget about it."

Liam simply nodded. 

We stood there silently for a few seconds, until he finally noticed what I was wearing. 

His eyes traced my body, taking in the outfit. His gaze lingered on my slightly exposed leg and my very much exposed cleavage. His eyes rested on my face. He looked... confused. Maybe even a little hurt. 

"Where are you going?" he asked. 

"I have a date," I said in a matter-of-fact manner. 

He nodded again. 

Honestly, for someone who came over to talk he did very little talking. 

"Actually," I said glancing at the time on my phone, "he should be here sometime soon, so... are we done here?"

He nodded for the last time and walked away. 

I realize this was rude, but I had no reason to be nice to him. Besides, I did not want Logan and Liam to run into each other, so it was a logical move. 

I let out a breath I did not realize I was holding when he finally disappeared out of sight. 

What a mess I've made.