Yon (よん)

"Hajimemashite. Shu Yi desu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu" I introduced myself to my 6 month to be lab mates, followed by a polite bow. The Prof there patted my back telling his students to help me as a newcomer. I flashed the sweetest smile I can afford to gain some kind of affection so that my work here would be a breeze. Researching in a shared laboratory is as competitive as working in an office. I won't get my way easily if these people here decided to not like me, I at least know that, not to show my usual depressed self.

"Hi, I'm Minato! Come, I'll show you your place." I followed the enthusiastically looking girl towards a table by the window. She was wearing a short skirt and a pink cute top paired with a slanted beret, matching well with her light purple-dyed hair. She's cute if I may say so myself.

The lab was spacious, the workplace was arranged like how you would see in any office manga, so my table was facing another table with some partition for some kind of privacy.

"You can sit here for the next 6 months, our senpai has cleaned and arranged this table for you. You can find all the necessary information, like how to book for equipment use and such in this booklet. Senpai prepared this for you also."

Before I can say anything, she added "I think senpai have also changed your PC to a new one since you will be using a heavy software later. So, I'll leave it to you. Feel free to ask me anything, I'll be at my table mkay!" And so she walked away to her table, leaving me at my table.

What the hell? I wanna ask some questions, like right now, how is she acting so helpful yet not so much all at the same time?

I sighed, yet again. I seat, turned on my PC and started to look around the guide prepared.

Easy enough, I thought to myself. My eyes started to scan the monitor in front of me, to my pleasant surprise the software I wanted were already installed and ready to be used. I promised myself to really thank this 'senpai' later.

Not five minutes later, drowsiness hit me. I woke up too early today, excited I guess. That excitement from this morning turned to boredom real fast. Its already 3 p.m. now. With nothing to do on my first day, I supported my left temple and started to give in to my droopy eyes.

I woke up to somebody tapping on my shoulder. I jerked up, straightened my back and did an immediate ninety degree bow while saying "sumimasen". Shit ! I must have taken my nap a bit too long, I remembered planning to wake up after 30 minutes. Still bowing, I stared at a pair of shiny black oxford just a few feet in front of me. Hearing no response from the person in front of me, I slowly lifted my head while straightening my body, flashing a guilty smile with my hand scratching my non itchy hair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the delay! I was dead watching the first episode of season 2. But i came back alive so i can die again after episode 2. (*T.T*)