Epilogue 1- Same old same old

"I hate you!"

"No you don't." It was an early Saturday morning when they set their foot on a hiking trip and it's almost noon now. They had finally reached their car which was parked at the foot of the mountain.

"Well, I can try!" Shu Yi slumped his body onto the passenger seat, taking off his jacket as he did.

"After you change your shoes." Shi De bent down to take off the hiking shoes and socks on Shu Yi, wiped his feet and replaced it with his favourite black Vans. Shu Yi's feet was red, maybe taking him out to hike was too much, Shi De thought.

"Why is it that our dates always involve dirt, mosquitoes and a need for an inhaler!? You should count me out next time." Shu Yi murmured under his breath, plainly loud enough for Shi De to hear.

"There you go."

"You done? Imma start hating you now."

Shi De pulled the seatbelt over Shu Yi and leaned in to place a kiss on Shu Yi's lips. Short but deep.

Click. "One for that pout."

"I still hate you."

"I love you nonetheless, and.." Shi De placed another kiss on Shu Yi, this time on his mole.

"...one more for that glare." Shi De smiled at the still pouting Shu Yi. If only Shu Yi knew that his pout rivaled his smile when it came to Shi De's favourites. 

After changing his own shoes and shirt into something cleaner and heard some more of Shu Yi's day late protest, he started the car to head home.

"You haven't been exercising lately. Sitting all day in the office and classes is not good for you." Shu Yi never exercise even before he started his job anyway.  He rarely follow along whenever Shi De went for a jog or a game of basketball with their friends, and even if he did, he'd sit at the side to read his manga or play the game on his phone. And going swimming took too much of his time, as per his words.

Shu Yi moved his mouth to imitate Shi De's nag, his arms across his chest.

"Come on Baobei. We're already on the way home. I'll massage you after okay? Let's also stop by the cafe you love and get you that ice cream cake."

Shu Yi turned his head to look at Shi De, his pout half-retracted. "Really?" Shu Yi asked, blinking twice as he imagined his favourite cake in front of his eyes.

"Really."

"Okay. Maybe I'll forgive you."

~

Shu Yi headed straight to the table by the round window at the left most corner of the spacious industrial themed café.

"Hi, I'd like an iced macchiato and a hot earl grey, please. Oh, and your special cake of the day. Thank you."

"Okay, that'd be 900 NTD." Shi De waited in front of the counter for the drinks, at times watching Shu Yi from afar. He smiled as he saw Shu Yi looking back at him, he wondered if the sweet smile was meant for him or the cake.

"Your order is ready, sir." Shi De pulled the tray towards him, but the tray wasn't moving?

"Can I have your number?" Shi De gulped.

"Uhhh, no. Not really. Sorry." He pulled the tray slightly harder and lifted it up with both his hands, praying that this would be over soon.

"Wait, sir!" The girl behind the counter stood on one leg and extend her hand to pull Shi De's arm, her other hand slipped a piece of paper inside Shi De's jacket.

Shit. "Hey, listen."

"Hey, what's taking so long?" Yu who noticed the girl's hand on Shi De's had made his way over.

The girl eyed Shu Yi up and down and immediately withdrew her hand. "Oh shit! Can I have your number?"

"Huh?" Shu Yi tilted his head, his forehead puckered.

"No, you can't." Shi De's eyes turned skyward, getting tired of adding people on his watchlist.

"Why? You took my number but you won't give me yours. So it's just fair that I take his."

How is that fair again? Shi De's jaw slacked.

"He took your number?" Shi De instantly shook his head resolutely with his eyes wide, searching for a look of mistrust in Shu Yi's. There's beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

Unlucky for him, the girl nodded. Her mouth was puckered, either trying to look cute or aiming for sympathy.

A corner of Shu Yi's upper lips was lifted, he sneered. "That's weird, I don't remember my boyfriend liking girls. You have better chance with that cactus on your counter. All prickly and dry."

"Gao Shi De, we're going home." Shu Yi stomped his way to the exit, not bothering to look back on the speechless girl and his sweating boyfriend.

"Fuck me!" Shi De muttered under his breath as he placed the trays of drinks and cake back on the counter.

"Oh you bet I will."