Chapter 24: Sister Visit

Continues from the last chapter.
                          Alex's POV

The three of us sit down at the dining table and I'm kinda scared. I've never met Aniyah before so I don't know what to expect. "I'm glad we could finally meet. Jayden wouldn't shut up about you" she said. I laughed.

"I don't know if you know how close me and Jayden are but we're very close. He called me when y'all broke up" I instantly got nervous as she looked at me with a serious expression. "I'm ain't goin lie when he told me what you said I was ready to pull up"

I nodded not knowing where the conversation was going. "He's my big brother and we're very protective of each other, but he told me how you guys are on good terms and y'all are basically fuck buddies" I laughed at the last part.

"So what are you trying to say exactly?" Jayden asked. "I'm saying that I'm happy that you're happy and I like Alex, he fits you" she said. I smiled as she got up and gave me a hug. "Also if you ever hurt my brother again I won't hesitate to slap the shit outta you" I nodded.

(Time Skip)
Jayden's POV

We're all watching a movie when Aniyah gives me a nervous look. "What?" I ask. "I need to tell you something important" she said. I nodded. "There's no easy way to say this so I'm gonna just say it. Dad wants to talk to you" I felt my heart drop.

I sit in silence for five minutes straight just thinking about what she said. I look at her before standing up about to walk to my room when they both block my way. "Jayden I'm serious dad wants to sit down with you to address everything"

"I don't have anything to say to him! This is someone who helped giving me life, who was once a role model for me. Then because life got hard he turned into a completely different person and started hurting the his own family verbally and emotionally. This man watched me get jumped by three niggas taller and bigger than me and had the nerve to try to make me feel like a punk because I couldn't defend myself. So excuse me if I don't want to bring someone back in my life who obviously didn't care enough to stay!"

They stood shocked and quiet. "I still don't know why he never did anything to you. The worse he's ever done to you was glare at you while he yelled and threatened me and mom. The only reason he never got physical was because I was too fast running from him anytime he tried" I get my shoes and my hoodie before walking out the door

"Where are you going?" They both asked. "To clear my head" I said before leaving. I walked five blocks away from my house to my favorite park. I sit on this hill with a good view of a stream. I sit in silence as I try to process everything that I've been through with my dad.

I still love my dad and I do want a better relationship, hell a relationship in general. I always held some form of resentment towards Aniyah because she didn't get I felt. She watched dad treat me and mom like shit and never really checked on me. I wondered why he treated her differently, was it because she's a girl, was it because she was daddy's little girl, or was it because she never did anything to annoy him.

I try to stop thinking about it as I listen to the peaceful stream while a gentle breeze blows the trees. I start to hear footsteps and I look up to see Alex. He sits down next to me and gestures to his shoulder. I lay my head on his shoulder while we sit in comfortable silence.

One thing I will always love about him is that he knows how to calm me down and knows how to react to me in certain situations. I truly think he may be the love of my life. I hope we get back together soon.

"What am I gonna do?"

"What do you want to do?"

"I want to talk to him but I'm scared. I'm scared he's the same person. I'm scared he won't like me being bi"

"You never came out to him?"

"Nope, he's the only person who I didn't come out to, only because he left before I fully came to terms with it"

"Well think of it like this: you've been through hell and back with your mental health and past trauma. Granted he caused a good portion of it but you found the strength to talk about your rapist and forgive him and since then you've been happier and a better person. You're at the finish line, might as well cross it"

I give him a half smile before fully embracing him and holding him tight. "Thank you for being the one of the best things that's ever happened to me" I release him and stare into his eyes.

He leans in and gives me a slow passionate kiss full of love. After a few seconds I pull away and put my forehead on his. "I want you to be my boyfriend again" he says. "I'm glad we're on the same page because I was about to say the same thing"

"You need to officially ask me out again dummy"

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Alex, would please be my boyfriend again?"

"Of course bubba" he sits on my lap and leans his head back on my shoulder.

We laid down looking at the stars holding hands in a peaceful silence and I wish it never ends.

(Time Skip)

I walked Alex home and he gives me a hug and a kiss before going inside. I walk across the street to my house and try to walk past Aniyah. "Jayden where were you?" She said. "Calming down and reflecting" I said.

"Why did you have to go off on me like that?"

"Because you know how I feel about dad and I want to be on good terms but I wasn't ready to deal with that but I'm good now"

"So will you? I just want you and him to have a relationship and I want to see you more even if you are a asshole"

"Yeah yeah I'll talk to him but you need to be there"

"Bet"

I give her a hug before I decide to go to sleep.

Sorry it took so long to update, I've been feeling unmotivated lately but it's fine because the book is so close to being finished. Love you guys