Chapter 4: I Felt Sparks

Trigger warning: F slur
                           Jayden's POV

We're all at my house right now and all I can think about is how the whole beef started. This is all Alex's fault, if he didn't talk shit about me to different people and just told me straight up we wouldn't have this issue. "Jayden I really want you and Alex to squash the beef please" Nick said kinda pouting. "Buddy as much as I would like to make you happy and put it behind me, my heart is too stone cold to just let it go" I said.

"That's the problem, you both are too damn prideful to let it go" Erika said shaking her head. "I'll let it go when he tells the truth until then he's a ugly bitch" I said sitting on the couch. "Jayden you know damn well Alex ain't ugly" Mehgan said. Ok so Alex isn't ugly, he's kinda cute but I would never admit it to anyone. "He aight" I said looking at the tv. "No offense Jayden but you kinda sound like a hater" Justin said.

I look at with a glare while turning my head to the side. "What am I hating on, lying bitch ass nigga who can't seem to find his balls to tell me the truth" I nearly shouted. "Jayden can you please calm down" Nick said nervously. "Fine" I said. "Can we please just chill and stop talking about him" I said calmly. "Ok" they all said.

(Time skip) Next day

Mehgan, Nick, and I make our way down the hall (Erika and Justin both called in sick) when I see something that made me mad. Shawn Thomas bullying Alex. Shawn is about the quarterback for the school's football team and loves to bother innocent people except for me and my crew. "Look at you, you're so weak and pathetic I could probably break your arm with one finger" Shawn says loudly. Alex looked genuinely scared, which is something I've never seen before.

I don't know why but I kinda feel bad for him. Then he said something that pissed me off. "I should break your nose, you little fag! That is it enemy or not I'm not going to let someone get bully because of their sexuality. I stomped over there and grabbed Shawn by the back of his jersey and slammed the back of his head into the lockers while holding him by his collar. "Listen here motherfucker if I ever catch you bully another person because of their sexuality I'm going to make your face so fucked up your own mom won't be able to recognize you, do you understand me" I shouted to him.

He looked like he was going to shit himself. He nodded nervously "y-yes" he said. "Yes what" I asked. "Y-yes sir" he said embarrassed. "Good" I said bringing him back to the ground while still holding to his collar before I made a message to everyone. "No one is allowed to pick on Alex Hunter except for me" I exclaimed to everyone in the hallway.

I practically threw Shawn away from me before he ran away. I approached Alex who stared at me on the floor. I helped him get his stuff off the ground, when I went to give it to him our hands touched briefly and I felt a spark. I jumped back slightly before I went back to my friends. "What was that all about" Nick asked shocked. "I don't like when people mess with my property" I said before I walked off leaving them both shook.

We're in English class now and Mehgan taps my shoulder. "What the hell was that in the hallway" she whispered. "He was being bullied, was I supposed to just watch it happen" I whispered back. Mehgan look at me with an unreadable expression before looking back at the teacher. Now I'm thinking, why did I call him my property. He's not but for some reason I felt possessive of him, like I'm the only one that can bother Alex even then it's never been to that extent. For the rest of class all I can think about is when our hands briefly touched and the feeling I got when it happened.

Alex's POV
What the hell just happened. First Shawn just started messing with me for no reason, then Jayden Jackson my arch rival, saves me. And then had the nerve to call me his "property" in front of everyone. I am no one's property even if I do some what appreciate him helping me. I'm not gonna lie, I felt some type of spark when our hands touched. I'm walking outside when I get approached by Jayden's friend Nick. "Hi" Nick said kinda nervously while looking around. "Hey can I help you" I asked calmly. "I'm not really supposed to be talking to you but I saw what happened and I wanted to make sure you were ok" Nick said nicely.

I don't even know what to say. I'm well aware that Nick is one of the nicest people in school so for him to be nice to me wouldn't be that shocking if he wasn't great friends with Jayden. But I appreciate him checking on me despite me being Jayden's enemy. "Thanks Nick I really appreciate it" I said honestly. "You're welcome" Nick said smiling. "Can I give you a hug if you don't mind" Nick asked suddenly shy. "Sure" I said giving him a hug. "Does this make us friends" I asked him. Nick gives me a nervous look before nodding his head. "See you later Alex" he said before walking away. "Bye Nick" I said walking home.

                               Nick's POV
Jayden is going to kill me. He just looked like he needed a friend plus Alex is nice, at least to me he is. I see Jayden and Mehgan talking so I walk up to them. "Hey what took you so long" Mehgan asked. I can't tell them the truth, at least not Jayden yet. I have to come up with a lie. "I had to use the bathroom" I lied. They seemed to believe me because they just dropped it. I have to tell Jayden the truth eventually but I'm going to wait.

I'm going to tell Mehgan the truth though. We get to my house and Jayden goes to the bathroom, here's my chance. "Mehgan I did a thing and you can't tell Jayden" I said quietly. "What did you do" she asked. "I became friends with Alex" I murmured. "What" she asked confused. "I became friends with Alex" I said a little louder. She gasped and her eyes widened. "Nick do you have a death wish, you know Jayden going to be pissed when he finds out" she quietly yelled. "I know but he looked like he needed a friend and he's nice" I said. "Nick no matter how nice he is Alex is the opps" Mehgan said. "I know" I said putting my head down.

Jayden comes back down stairs and looks at me. "Nick what's wrong" he asked. "Nothing just tired" I said kinda truthfully. I was tired of the beef and it was starting to give me a headache. "Ok Mehgan and I will see you tomorrow, you should take a nap" Jayden said in a calm tone he only usually speaks in when he talks to me. "I will" I said with a weak smile. "Ok see you later Nick" he said before taking Mehgan with him. On the way out Mehgan mouthed "tell him the truth". I just sat there wondering why everyone couldn't just be friends.