𝐯𝐢. | 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐞?

ཻུ ❅ ❆ ϟ *ೃ

ཻུ ❅ ❆ ϟ *ೃ

no one asked for angst but um
they are literally right person,
wrong time ??? they deserved
so much better than the cw
was willing to give us so here
is my take on how caitlin took
what the cw did to them </3

i genuinely believe caitlin was
in love with him & barry just
didn't see it :') i just wished she
had better luck at love, she's the
purest & honestly my favourite
character on the flash hands down

also,, barry might seem a little out of
character in this oneshot but i
promise to explain it in a part
2 (maybe, if yall like this) :D

this will be set ard post s5
(like after nora is wiped from
existence) & pre s6 so yeah

this honestly took AGES
to put together so i rly
hope u guys like it <3 i'm
actually quite proud of
how this turned out! i
think it's some of the
better writing i've put out
on here <3 hope yall agree!

ཻུ ❅ ❆ ϟ *ೃ

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 little kid, Caitlin Snow was a huge believer in destiny.

She was mesmerized by the idea of the stars holding so much power over her. Before she was in love with biochemistry, Caitlin Snow's heart belonged to astronomy. She was in love with space, adored the glistening jewels overhead and often snuck out of her bedroom window to lie on the tiled roof with a small blanket, going through all that trouble to stare up at the blanket of stars that would embrace her every night without fail as she exhaled slowly, breath smoke signalling the beautiful descent into night.

Ever since she was a child, she found herself left awestruck by how the stars were twinkling little pulses of light from a distance, sparkling gems amidst the midnight black sky that only seemed to glow brighter against the night's shadows. Scattered moondust across the pitch black sky that almost made Caitlin believe in fairies, the gleaming sequin-silver asters just begging for Caitlin's adoration. The idea that the stars were not only biological phenomena but also responsible for the fates of people all over the world amazed Caitlin, who could spend hours dreaming of new galaxies and universes.

As much as she tried to hold onto that foolish, childish spirit of her childhood self, the universe, or rather, as Caitlin would've once put it, the stars, had a different plan for her. A life filled to the brim with misery and heartbreak awaited the young girl who wanted nothing more than a cliche love story and a Disney tale ending, the universe instead decided to give the girl - who longed for a romance that lasted through the ages - a tragic, fleeting love story like Romeo and Juliet's; one opposed even by the stars themselves.