𝐱. | 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚

ཻུ ❅ ❆ ϟ *ೃ

ཻུ ❅ ❆ ϟ *ೃ

── hi besties i'm here with more um kind of
angst ??? but OKAY it's not as bad as the two part
one-shot from earlier because it is gonna be kinda
fluffy ??? i think the title should kind of give you
an idea of what's gonna go down ??? haha sorry
i'm in a mood these days yall you gotta deal
w my unresolved trauma that i will be
projecting on snowbarry! yay <333

so basically to be clear, this is gonna be an au
set post s3 where savitar does actually successfully
kill iris but caitlin & cisco are determined to save
barry from spiralling <333 hope you like it!

also, would you guys like something light &
happy or more angst for the next chapter?
i kinda wanna know what you guys want me
to write instead of js randomly vomiting out
words and praying that you will like it lol x
taking a vote also because we hit 100 votes ???
yall wild ilysm <333 pls lmk what you want :)

also, yes, i'm a sucker for rooftop scenes &
yes, i write too much about trauma x ──

ཻུ ❅ ❆ ϟ *ೃ

"𝐈 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔 even knew this place existed." 

Barry snapped out of his daze, turning around to see Caitlin Snow lingering in the doorway of the stairwell that led to the Star Labs rooftop. It was half past midnight the last time he'd checked his phone, he couldn't help but wonder what on earth she could be doing here out here at such an ungodly hour. Hands tucked snuggly in the pockets of her checkered coat, Caitlin looked up, waving meekly at Barry as his lips parted in a defeated smile, his weak attempt to return the doctor's smile. 

"It's quite...tranquil up here, isn't it? It's my first time up here but this is...this view and this feeling I get when I'm up here is something else," Barry replied in the most roundabout way possible, which definitely didn't go unnoticed by his companion, though she chose to remain mum. "What brings you up here at this time anyway, Cait? Shouldn't you be back home?" 

"I could ask you the same thing," Caitlin pointed out quietly as she slowly walked over to him, taking a seat just a foot away from him on the ledge, carefully sitting down as she teetered on the ledge, Barry reaching over to hold her hand in his as she smiled gratefully at him, letting go of his hand once she was seated down beside him. 

"I can't really...stay near the loft, it's...too hard right now," Barry admitted under his breath as Caitlin nodded understandingly, eyes wandering out to admire the city's skyline instead, not wanting Barry to feel as though she was judging him if her eyes rested on him too long. "Are you alright though...Cait? Have you...always been out...at this time?" The second half of his question ── and I didn't know? ── nearly slipped past his lips but he pursed them shut, instead watching her out of the corner of his eyes as she flinched slightly at his question.