𝐯𝐢𝐢. | 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮

ཻུ ❅ ❆ ϟ *ೃ

ཻུ ❅ ❆ ϟ *ೃ

── omg thank you for 1.3k on moments!
u people are insane omg <3 i can't believe
this book is doing better than i expected
lolll but thanku sm <3 i will try to update
more but no promises it'll work out xx

here is part 2 of 'why can't you see me?';
which is from barry's pov! sorry it took so
long,, life is not a vibe rn idk i really didn't
mean to go mia for so long but frfr life is
rough as fk idk life sucks absolute ass ;
didn't really wanna post this until like i
knew it was of a somewhat decent caliber,
idt it's as good as i'd like it to be but enjoy :")

much like the part 1, some of the quotes won't
be from the show, it'll js be me trying to
substantiate snowbarry's development arc xx ──

ཻུ ❅ ❆ ϟ *ೃ

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐀 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 was always one that mesmerized Barry Allen. Eros harrowed his heart since young, he was amazed by the idea of someone falling for someone else, flaws and all. He thought about it a lot admittedly, his mind forever unable to comprehend how an emotion of that depth was out there, awaiting him someday. As beautiful and enthralling as forensic science could be at times, there was no aspect of science out there that could parallel true love, Barry was sure of that.

His favourite pass-time was concocting dreamy, utopian worlds in his head ── one where he and his true love would be blissfully in love. He was awestruck by how there was this beautiful concept of soulmates on there amidst the chaos of the world surrounding him, wondering if his soulmate would repair his broken heart left by the death of his mother. Maybe, with his future love's help, he would feel whole.

It was his childish hope that eventually, the pain would fade. It was only natural that his naive soul had connected love and pain, wanting so badly to believe that one day, the good would vanquish the bad. But it was hard to always believe things would work out ── especially when all around him, everything reeked of tragedy. He saw how distraught his father had become after losing his mother, how Joe's eyes would glaze over whenever he spoke of Francine, Iris' mother, even when he was just a little kid ── he knew love could hurt like hell when things went awry.

Admittedly, it was terrifying. Downright terrifying. However, he still clung onto the happy endings of the Disney movies he watched with Iris, he grasped onto the fleeting feelings of solace he could feel for seconds whenever he felt truly at peace ── and in love── with her company. It was beautiful to be in love with his best friend, especially since he got to spend an incredible amount with her. He shared his secrets with her and when he fawned over the mystery girl he refused to tell Iris about, it eased the growing ache in Barry's heart when it felt like he was confessing his love for Iris. Almost like it, at least.