Friends with Suspicions

Peter stopped by the Hale house.  It's reconstruction was going well.  He had tapped into his money in the Hale vault to pay for expenses.  The workers had the day off and Scott had asked to see how it was going.

He went around and checked out the wood frame of the new house.  It was going to be almost the same but with additional rooms; a larger living room and extra bedrooms.

He heard tires on gravel - another thing he was going to fix - and headed back towards the front.

Scott, Stiles, Lydia, and Allison got out of the jeep.  He saw Derek's car a few yards behind them.

"Looks pretty good, huh?" Peter nodded at the structure.

"Peter," Lydia, ignoring him, spoke in a furious tone.  "Anything you want to tell us?  To tell me?"

"Ummm... No, why?" Peter looked at Scott.  Didn't he come to see the construction?

"Oh, it's just that I saw you earlier.  Talking to some mysterious supernatural man," Allison crossed her arms.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he replied cooly as Derek joined them.

"Allison followed you today.  I told her to.  She followed you back to Lydia's and into the woods," Scott nodded at Allison.

"I couldn't hear what was being said, but I know you were there.  So, who was your friend?"

"Allison, he doesn't have friends," Derek corrected.

"That's evident," Peter mumbled.

"Peter?" Lydia sounded betrayed.  He felt bad for keeping it from her but he couldn't have them know that he was visited by some evil looking guy and had been offered to join him against something.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he told Allison.  His word against hers.  Hopefully they'd just drop it.

"Peter, until I know what's happening, stay away from me," Lydia said as a tear escaped.

"Ly-"

"No, Peter," Scott interrupted. "Do as she says."

They all turned and left him there.  Peter couldn't help feeling alone again.  Just like when he was in the woods.  That man.. That creature.. Made Lydia and her friends turn on him.  Peter decided that he was going to find out exactly what and who that guy was and he's going to make him pay.