chapter 5 || uggs and hazel eyes

Luke sat at the kitchen bench of his small apartment. He nibbled nerviously at the skin around his fingers. He hear a beep from his phone and quickly checked it.

I'll be there in ten, had to stop for gas :) xx

He had known Ashton was coming over. They had been texting all day about it. Luke quickly went over to the mirror. A tan skirt, black sheer stockings, a baggy light pink jumper (stylishly tucked in at the waist) and a single chain of pearls (fake of coarse) around his neck.

He wore one of his favourite wigs, similar to the one he wore the day he met Ashton. It was blonde and had a side fringe. The delicate hair reached his shoulders in a layered cut. He then finished off his look with some silver hoops. Because he was not going out, he didn't bother with shoes, but instead slipped on a pair of Uggs.

He wore some light makeup. Some foundation and a smidge of blush. He didn't wear any fake eyelashes, just some mascara on his own. He put on winged eyeliner and popped some clear lip-gloss on his lips.

He kept licking the gloss off out of nerves. He quickly grabbed the stick out of his pocket and re-applied. He puckered and pouted his lips. He looked good. But he wasn't planning on dressing up. He was just scared that Ashton might leave if he saw Luke for what he really was. A boy.

He heard a knock at the door and quickly checked himself out in the mirror again before rushing to get it. Ashton's smiley face greeted him along with a bunch of daisies. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a dark mauve button up top.

"You look stunning," Ashton said looking Luke straight in the eyes.

Luke blushed and looked down at his feet. "So do you," he mumbled smiling with pink cheeks. Ashton handed Luke the bouquet and let himself inside. He sat down at one of the stools in the kitchen. Luke followed him in.

"Would you like anything to drink?" he asked, remembering his manners.

"Just a water would be nice, thanks," Ashton said not once taking his eyes off Luke. Luke got him the water and sat down next to him. There was a slight awkward silence as Ashton took a sip of the water. Luke wasn't really a talker, but Ashton hardly knew anything about the blonde boy.

"So are you still in school?" Ashton asked, "Like I'm not trying to find out if you're legal or anything!" he quickly blurted out.

"Um yes," Luke replied, he wasn't thinking Ashton was asking that anyway. He cheeks tinged red. He hoped his make-up hid all this damn blushing, at least a little bit. "How about you?" he asked and then quickly remembered he already knew the answer from Ashton's ramblings from yesterday. "Sorry, I forgot. Actually...I'm just a little nervous. I've never made it this far with a guy before. I've usually been insulted and ditched by now."

"I guess this is a first for both of us then," Ashton said trying to calm Luke's nerves. He nudged his stool a little closer to Luke.

All of a sudden the feeling was back. The warm safe feeling. "I like you," Luke blurted out. His face went hot. Ashton's smile grew and his eyes lit up, "I like you too," he giggled, "I mean I'd hoped we were at least at the 'like stage' before I came barging through your door with a bunch of flowers," he smirked.

Luke giggled and moved a little closer to Ashton, "You know what I mean," he said and looked into Ashton's eyes. He never noticed how deep they were. How the looked like road maps, with little lines of brown running and dancing with blotches of green and grey. Yes maps, beautiful maps he wanted to explore every inch of. His face moved closer and closer to Ashton's. Their hot breaths intertwining. Their eyes were locked in passion and Luke felt his heart speed up.

Suddenly the phone rang, sending Luke jumping out of his skin. He had almost forgotten the rest of the world existed. He got up and went to the phone, huffing out of frustration.

"Hello?" he asked annoyed.

"Luke?" the voice said.

"Yes?"

"It's me, your mother. Your brother's been in an accident. He's going to be ok but he's in hospital."

"What?" Luke freaked out, "Oh my god, what happened? I'm coming right now," he hung up the phone frantically.

"I'm really sorry," he told Ashton, "My brothers been in an accident I have to go and see him in the hospital, I'll text you later," he said practically pushing Ashton out the door.

"Woah I'm really sorry. Let me drive you?"

"No!" Luke said a little too quickly. He couldn't let Ashton see him as a boy, and he couldn't let his family know he was dressing as a girl. "I mean, it's ok my dad said he'd give me a lift," he lied.

"Oh, ok," Ashton said a little hurt, "Text me how he's doing."

"I will," Luke said shutting the door and running to his room trying to wipe off his make-up as fast as possible. He ripped off his skirt and pink jumper, replacing it with a pair of denim jeans and a gray hoodie. He pulled of his wig and ruffled up his hair a bit. He looked fine.

He quickly checked out the window to make sure Ashton was gone and then he rushed outside and ran to the house next door.

"Mrs.Marson," he said when the old lady opened the door, "My brothers in hospital and I really need a lift. Is there anyway you could drive me," he pleaded. She nodded kindly and he and Luke rushed to the hospital.