chapter 21 || rose purfume

When they stopped Ashton got out of drivers seat and opened Luke's door. He pulled Luke our and carried him into the house 'bridal style'.

The house was unfamiliar to Luke but it smelt like burnt toast and mint. He noticed the photos pinned up on the walls. The pictures were of Michael and Calum.

In some they were kissing, in others just laughing or smiling. Most of the were black and white and were in wooden frames.

The house was small. Two bedroom, one bathroom and a joined kitchen/living room. But it felt cosy and full of love.

Ashton sat him down on the couch, which smelt of the curly haired boy but also Rose perfume.

"This is where I've been living while we were plotting your rescue," Ashton said shyly, not quite sure how to act around the blonde.

"It took you that long to make that sad little plan?" Luke asked.

"Well most of the time Ashton was crying and drinking,"Michael butted in.

"But the rest of the time Michael and Calum were having sex," Ashton rebounded.

Michael turned pink but Calum grinned proudly. "Oh and what good sex it was," he chirped.

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>

Luke laid on the couch, snuggled up against Ashton.

They still were in Calum and Michael's apartment because Luke was scared his parents would be waiting at his own, and Ashton had annoying roommates throwing a party.

Luke nuzzled into Ashton's neck. The smell of the boy almost covered the annoying rose scent. Almost.

"Why does the couch smell of roses?"

Ashton sat up, away from Luke. He had a guilty look on his face. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Ashton?"

Ashton caught Luke's eyes for a second, but then looked away.

"I maybe...uh-hooked up with a-two girls while you where in-prisoned by your parents..."

Luke's face paled. "What?"

"I thought I wouldn't be able to see you again, Luke! I thought you were gone." Ashton cried, his words heavy with guilt.

Luke starred at the ground. He couldn't bring himself to look at Ashton. "Two?" he whispered.

"Well the first night I ran into an old girlfriend and I got very drunk at a bar- we didn't get very far," his cheeks tinged pink at the memory. "The other time was with a girl named Lacy. She-uh-we hooked up maybe...three times," Ashton's eyes were filled with tears,"Luke I'm so so sorry."

Luke felt sick. All the stress and pain he had been going through caught up to him all at once.

"I handle people anymore,"he screamed walking out the front door and slamming it behind him.