Chapter 44 - Trust the Untrustworthy

Over a year since I finished writing I thought that I would come back to this book and give it a proper ending. Xx
Than you so much for reading.
------

That evening the wind boomed through the chimney down to the fireplace of Sarah's house. Monstrous oak tree branches beat on the roof loudly scraping against the roof tiles as if the distant groan of thunder wasn't noise enough.

Sarah opened the door to her room and as a lightning flashed, she saw a figure sitting with their back to her on the windowsill, dangling their legs out the open window.

A gust of wind blew in through it and slammed the door behind Sarah.

"Ari... I know you're in here."

There she was. Ariana turned around to face her, her blonde hair dancing around her from underneath a grey hood. How did she survive the fall from the Ferris wheel and come out of it still looking so gorgeous?

"Sarah, I need you to hear me out."

"Oh no way, not this again." Sarah sunk down onto her bed. "I don't want to talk to you."

"Look, I could be miles away from here right now, living the magical life I have planned for myself far away," she turned to sit facing Sarah, "but I came back - I had to warn you."

"Warn me about what?"

At that moment the door was flung open again, this time not by the wind. Fallon poked her head around it, her long light blonde plait fluttering if the draft.

"Hey, can I come talk to you? Your dad let me in - he said you were alone up here, but I'm sure I heard you talking to someone."

Sarah looked around at the empty windowsill. Ariana had a most peculiar way of just disappearing in a split second. Sarah exhaled with relief; for some reason she was glad that Fallon didn't see her. "I was just talking on the phone. Keegan called to apologize for blowing off the date last minute like that."

"You must have hung up really fast when I came in." Fallon shrugged,proceeding to sit on the bed next to Sarah. "Anyway, I came here because I needed to talk to you; some really complicated and almost unimaginable things are drawing our way and I just need to know that no matter what, I will have your utmost trust."

"Mine?" Sarah breathed.

"The four of yours." Fallon smiled down at her as if she was smiling at an ignorant child.

"What things are coming our way? You seem to know so much, why don't you share your knowledge?"

"I can't just yet." Fallon shook her head. "But I want you to be prepared for the most abnormal and shocking bit of news that has reached you yet."

Sarah frowned. She wasn't getting much answer out of this.

After a short pause, Fallon rose up quickly from the bed. "-But anyway, I must go now. Could I count on you to come over to my place in an hour?"

"Yes," Sarah nodded,"but why?"

Fallon smiled mysteriously, closing the door as she left. "I have prepared a little game for us to play."

The vibration of Marissa's phone vibrated along the whole length of the empty cellar, bouncing hollowly off the walls. It was a text message from um unknown number;
Half an hour left until the rounding of the sheep. The Queen Bee sniffed the bate and will follow if there. Be ready.

This was a code only she understood. Which meant that the message could have only been from one person, so she found a comfortable position behind the rows of empty wooden crates, and waited.