Chapter 25 - She Believed She Could Fly

"She's running away. Let's go after her!" Brooklyn pointed.

"Oh no way am I doing that!" Hazel shook her head.

"Stay here then. Wait for me." Brooklyn gestured.

"As if I would go somewhere..." she clutched the metal bar of her seat.

Fallon caught hold of the foot rest of the seat in front of her in the last minute.

Brooklyn followed right up behind her. The long, yellow and brown, plaid skirt of her teacher costume dragged behind her.

If only Fallon turned around to look at her, everything would be clear.

To Brooklyn, she was Ariana. And she didn't even know Brooklyn was behind her.

The real Ariana sat two seats in frnt of Fallon, enjoying the show.

If only she turned around to look.

Fallon's hand slipped.

She lost her grip.

She fell.

Or she would have fallen.

But Brooklyn caught her hand in the last moment.

"Ariana... see how the tables are turned. I have your life in my hands. Literally. If I let go now you will die." Brooklyn smiled. "Tell me where Sarah is, and you won't fall."

"What..." Fallon looked up at her.

"Fallon!" Brooklyn gasped, accidently almost letting go of her hand. "Oh my god. Where's Ariana?"

"Right there." Fallon pointed to seat at the very top. "Give me a boost."

Brooklyn helped her onto the seat, and pushed her up onto the seat above. Just one more seat to go, and she will end Ariana.

She climbed. Metal bar. Get onto the sunroof. Catch hold of the foot rest of Ariana's seat.

Fallon climbed onto the seat next to Ariana, with a satisfied smile on her face.

Just then the feris wheel clicked. It started turning again.

"You have two choices." Fallon tugged at the screw that kept their seat from coming off. "Either you leave me and the others alone. You leave Sherbor Alley and NEVER return. Or I pull this out and we both go down."

"Wow look at you, even dressing like me!" Ariana smiled. "You try so hard Fallon."

She jumped off.

Fallon gasped. She looked at Brooklyn, on the seat behind and Hazel three seats away. They were both shocked.

Could Ariana have just ended it herself so easily? Without hesitation?

Fallon looked down below her.

Ariana's ripped coat hung from the seat in front. It calmly let the wind rip it apart even more.

She couldn't believe it.

But where was Ariana? She was gone. Like she disappeared all over again...