Falling Down (6.13)

(Harry POV)

"We need to get you to the hospital wing, sir to Madam Pomfrey." I told Dumbledore. 

He sat down on a ledge in the astronomy tower.

"No... Severus, Severus is who I need. Wake him. Tell him what happened. Speak to no one else. Severus, you two. Hide yourselves below. Don't speak or be seen by anybody without my permission. Whatever happens, it's imperative you stay below. Do as i say. Do as I say! Trust me. Trust me!"

I Grabbed y/ns hand and led her down the stairs. But before we left i could hear Draco appear.

Y/N turned to me wide eyed. We stopped and watched the scene unfold from below. 

 "Good evening, Draco. What brings you here on this fine spring evening?" Dumbledore said.

"Who else is here? I heard you talking." Draco demanded.

"I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. Have you always been to yourself, Draco?"

Draco held his wand up to Dumbledore. 

"Draco, you are no assassin." I heard Dumbledore say.

"How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you." Draco told him.

"Oh, like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return she would bear a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of mead with one lace with poison. Or for beating up Miss.Black to the point of her falling down in the middle of dinner, in hopes she keeps your secret. Forgive me, Draco, I cannot help feel these actions are so weak that your... heart can't really have been in." Dumbledore said.

"He trusts me. I was chosen." Draco said moving his sleeve up revealing a dark mark.

I turned and saw Snape beside us.

"Shhh." He told us. Y/N nodded. I pulled her body closer to mine.

"I shall make it easy for you." Dumbledore told him.

"Expelliarmus!" Draco yelled disarming Dumbledore.

"Very good. Very good. You're not alone. There are others. How?" Dumbledore asked.

"The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement. I've been mending it."

"Let me guess, it has a sister."

"A twin. In Borgin and Burkes. They form a passage."

"Ingenious. Draco, years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you." Dumbledore asked.

"I don't want your help. Don't you understand? I have to do this. I have to kill you. Or he's gonna kill me." Draco said. I felt y/n now shaking with fear as we watched this scene unfold.

(Y/N POV)

"Well, look what we have here. Well done, Draco." Bellatrix said now standing next to Draco.

"Good evening, Bellatrix. I think introductions are in order, don't you?" Dumbledore said.

"Love to, Albus, but I'm afraid we're on a bit of tight schedule. Do it!" Bellatrix told Draco.

"He doesn't have the stomach. Just like his father. Let me finish him in my own way." Greyback sneered. I got tense remembering the pain Greyback caused me. Though almost all the scars from Bellatrix and Greyback gave me were gone, i could still sometimes think i see them.

"No, the Dark Lord was clear the boy has to do it. This is your moment, Draco. Do it! Go on, Draco, now!" 

Snape walked up to them. Draco held his wand tighter.

"No." Snape said.

"Severus. Please..." Asked Dumbledore.

"Avada Kedavra." Snape said shooting the green light into Dumbledore which caused him to fall over the astronomy tower.

I tried to scream but Harry covered my mouth and pulled us out of sight.

***

(Harry POV)

Me and y/n chased after snape as they headed to Hagrid's cabin.

"Hagrid, hello?" Bellatrix called lighting his cabin on fire.

"Snape, he trusted you!" Y/N yelled.

I shot a charm from my wand that Snape reflected.

"Go on!" Snape sneered.

"Incarcerous! Fight back, you coward! Fight back!" I yelled.

Snape shot a charm at me that made me fly back. Y/N managed to deflect it.

Bellatrix held her wand to Y/N.

"No, they belong to the Dark Lord." Dumbledore said.

"Sectumsempra!" I yelled at Snape. He managed to reflect it once again.

"You dare use my own spells against me, Potter? Yes, I'm the Half-Blood Prince." Snape said. I stood frozen as they walked away.

***

(Y/N POV)

"Potter, y/n... In light of what has happened. If you should have the need to talk to someone... You should know... Professor Dumbledore... You both meant a great deal to him." Mcgonagall said as we kneeled over Dumbledore's body. A skull in the sky danced around.

I started to cry. Harry pulled me close. I looked around at the gathering of students around us.

I watched as Ginny held up her wand. Followed by Seamus and Dean. Next was a group of 7th years. Then Slughorn. One after another everyone held their wands up. Mcgonagall said something causing the skull to go away. 

I held my wand up.

This means war....

***

(Harry POV)

"Do you think he would have done it? Draco." Hermonie asked as we stood in the Astronomy tower.

"No. No, he was lowering his wand. In the end, it was Snape. It was always Snape. I did nothing." I croaked. 

"It's fake. Open it." Y/N said holding up the Horcrux.

"'To the Dark Lord: I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. R.A.B.' R.A.B.?" Hermonie said.

"Don't know. But whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux. It means it was all a waste. All of it." I said.

"I should have drunken it. This might not have happened." Y/N said as tears rolled down her face. Ron pulled her into a hug.

"Its not your fault. He told you not to." Ron said.

"I'm not coming back, Hermione. I got to finish whatever Dumbledore started. And I don't know where that'll leave me, but I'll let you and Ron and y/n know where I am... when I can."

"I've always admired your courage, Harry. But sometimes, you can be really thick. You don't really think you're going to be able to find all those Horcruxes by yourself, do you? You need us, Harry. And Dumbledore said y/n is apart o-of your journey too." She said.

"I never realized how beautiful this place was." I said looking at the sunset.

"This is the start." Y/N said walking up to me. I pulled her into a hug.

"The start." I said back.

A/N

That concludes year 6! This was always such a sad scene. Hold you wands for Dumbledore /*

Anyways i have some fun things planned for year 7. Happy reading-M.

Word count: 1084 words.