Seven

Christmas break was over and all the students were back at Hogwarts. Hailey sat with Harry and Ron doing homework when Hermione walked over to them. "Hailey, you were right." She said. "I remember doing light reading and Hailey read this book twice before I have read it. I'm such an idiot."

"That's light?"

"Hermione?" Her twin looked at her just to get smacked. "You're not an idiot." She looked at the boys. "Don't start." She tells Ron. "Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!"

"The what?"

'Honestly, don't you two read? "The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal." Hermione reads.

"Immortal?"

"It means you'll never die."

Hailey shook her head at the two and looked at Harry. "That's what is under that trapdoor Harry." She tells him as Ron and Hermione looked at her.
~~~
That night, the four of them snuck down to Hagrid's to discuss the stone. Hailey knocked on the door once they reached the hut. Hagrid opened the door in an apron and mittens. "Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today."

As he went to shut the door, they all spoke their mind. "We know about the philosopher's stone."

"Oh." Hagrid said letting the four in.

Hailey didn't say a word as her attention was on what was in the pot. Harry looked at the blonde Granger wondering what's going through her head. When the pot started to shake Hagrid got it whatever he hid out to reveal an egg. she watched it hatch causing her to move closer to Harry as they looked at the dragon.

"Why do you have a dragon egg?"

Ron looked at the blonde Granger. "That's not just a dragon. That's a Norwegian Ridgeback! My brother Charlie works with these in Romania."

"Isn't he beautiful? Oh. Bless him, look. He knows his mummy. Hehe. Hallo, Norbert."

"Norbert?" Hailey and Harry questioned the name.

"Yeah, well, he's got to have a name don't he."

Hailey smiled as she held the dragon. "Who's that?"

Hailey looked and saw the one person she did not want to talk to or deal with. Draco Malfoy.
~~~
The four walked through the corridors. Hailey didn't say a word as she knew Malfoy tattled. "Good afternoon." McGonagall said.

Hailey say the smug look and went to say a word. Hermione covered her sister's mouth. "Don't make this worse." Hailey nodded, but licked her sister's hand. "Eww."

"You'll learn to not cover my mouth.' She tells her as she walked into the office and stood beside Harry with Hermione beside her. Detention four all five making Hailey smile, but she heard laughing and looked at James who was proud of Harry. Even though they lost 50 points.

"Tell me later." Hermione tells her as they walked to their rooms.

Hailey has one thing to say. "Like father like son."

McGonagall knew all about Hailey's gift and knew James was laughing. Hailey Granger is a special child.