loving and leaving

Time-skip

(y/n) pov

"(y/n)! Time for breakfast!" i heard astrid call out "coming, im still getting dressed!" i yelled back "ok hurry up we have to get training. Today is speacial." astrid said back to me. " i wonder what's so speacial about today?" i thought out loud

I walked down the stairs to be greeted by (fav/food). "Oh my goodness astrid this smells amazing!" " why thank you (y/n)" astrid smiles.

Time-skip

3rd person pov

(y/n) and astrid were training in the courtyard of the house the gods lived in. astrid taught her ice god magic, charlie sometimes taught her nature god magic, and there are others who teach her magic as well but their not around often so she specializes in ice and nature god slayer magic. Because she's been in the god realm for so long and since she uses god powers she's called a demi-god, (y/n) never really liked being called a demi-god because it makes her sound more powerful and important than she thinks she is, but she does deserve the title.

Just when she thought that she was gonna win astrid beat (y/n) in there train fight. This got (y/n) more angry than she usually gets when she loses to astrid, this caught astrids attention.

Astrids pov

"(y/n) whats up, you dont usually get this angry?"

"Its just... it's been 10 years since i lost my family to that demon, and i wasn't strong enough then to do anything. I was weak and a child. Now I have power, i have the ability to make a change to this world. But the way i see it is im still that same weak and fragile child with no power and no ability to make a diffrence."

"O-oh i didn't know you felt that way."said a worried astrid. "I need to find my slef. I can't be the demigod you keep saying i can be until i find who i am. I can't go until you say it's ok. Your the most important person to me and i need to make sure i have your blessing. Since i lost my family in that attack you guys have been the only family i have known for 10 years and it means so much."

"(y/n) there's something i want to give to you. I knew this day might come so i set it aside just for you. Follow me." i led (y/n) to my bedroom where i

open a jewelry box and pull out a necklace with a blue gem in the middle of it with a black band around it. " this is called the gem of the heart. If your serious about going to the outside world i want you to wear this at all times. It will make sure you can always get to me."

"So i guess we should get you packing, shouldn't we? I said trying to hide the fact that I didn't want her to go in the first place.

Time-skip

(y/n) pov

"Thank you for helping me pack astrid, i know this isn't easy. It's not easy for me either. I just have to Remember i need to do this and i will be back." she starts crying saying "i know. Theres something i need you to remember can you do that?" in confusion i say "y-yeah i guess." " i need you to remember that there are perverts in the outside world and that you are a very beatiful young woman. So i need you to stay safe for me. I dont want anything to happen to you and im not gonna be there to protect you." i turned a bright red color out of embarassment and im pretty sure she could tell because she started smiling.

"Im gonna miss you... astrid" i say as tears roll down my face. "Im gonna miss you to... (y/n). It's easy to leave the god realm all you have to do is go through those gold doors, it's coming back thats tricky thats why you have to make sure you never lose that pendant."

" i promise i wont lose it. I promise i will be back. I promise i will come back more powerful. I promise i will make you proud."

With tears forming in both of our eyes we hug each other. And i hold on for dear life, even though this was my idea and i need to do this that doesn't mean im going to miss them any less. They have been my only family for the past 10 years.

"I better get going... i love you astrid!"

I reach the golden doors. My hand reached out to push on them when i heard "i love you too (y/n)!"

I push open the doors flooding me with golden light.

and i said good bye to the god realm as i felt my feet touch solid ground again.