9 ⋇ ares

Ares

The god of courage and war.

⋇⋇⋇

It's been almost a month since Calum got hurt and the time didn't go as slow as they hoped it go.

Luke read all the books, he knew that it took years for some heroes to return home and some didn't return at all. However, now more than ever, he was sure they were on the right track to help Calum.

Finding whoever was responsible was second on that list.

Despite Ashton's side looks, whenever they would camp in either a town, forest, or in the middle of nowhere, Luke would sleep near Michael.

Now, when they knew when they were going, they were able to get help from a small library in a city they were passing through. Michael and Ashton worked on a map that would hopefully lead them to where the golden fleece was. Luke tried to find as much material he could on dreams and what he could mean.

He didn't tell anyone but the closer they were getting to their destination, the more vivid the dreams got. Luke didn't tell anyone but Michael had to know.

The boy was there to calm him down whenever he woke up from a dream or was able to wake him up before the dreams got bad.

Luke knew his dependence could be mistaken as love but Ashton should know better.

Yes, he did find Michael attractive but Luke found facts and truth attractive. And there weren't many of those connected to Michael.

Not that Luke knew of any lies but no one was honest with him about who Michael was.

On the top of Luke's list was the son of Zeus, as it was the only explanation on why Ashton would go alone and help him hide his identity, song of Morpheus would make sense as he knew how to help Luke with his dreams. But maybe he was just a mortal, who knew too much.

On rare occasions, they would sleep out on the open. The son of Ares' gave them more than one talk on camping down properly

Perhaps they should listen.

For once, Luke wasn't woken up by a nightmare or the sunrise, it was Michael, whose hand was resting on Luke's ankle who moved abruptly.

"Michael?" Luke groaned and opened his eyes.

He knew something was up the moment he saw Michael covering their fire with dirt.

The panicked look on his face and the voice in his head told him to wake up the rest of their group. Ashton first, if there was an emergency, he'd know what to do.

"Ash," Luke tried gently and the boy immediately woke up. "Something's wrong," he said and realized he didn't know what.

Ashton and Michael exchanged looks and Luke's best friend was already up and had a weapon in hand.

Only then Luke could hear the sound of horseshoes hitting the ground.

They had nowhere to hide.

"Wake up Calum, get as much stuff as you can on the horses, and go."

A dagger was pushed into his hands.