Chapter 7:

"Do you know what's going on here?" The boy asks the woman.

"Did you two just come down here?" She asks us.

"Yeah." He responds, whilst I just nod in agreement.

"Didn't you see anything strange?" She continues to ask.

"Like what?" The boy questions.

"Strange? Is something happening?" I ask, beginning to become slightly anxious.

Seeming to sense the tension, the woman changes the subject.

"Neverminded." She says, turning to walk away.

"I asked what's going on." The boys ask her, causing her to turn to face us once more.

"We're trying to find out. The back doors and the parking lot doors are locked as well." She admits.

"Are you saying that we're trapped here?" Asks the boy.

Upon hearing this, I can't help but to think back to my grandfather's letter. 'Protect yourself in this world'.

I back away from the woman and boy, trying to calm myself down. However, I was a little too late in doing so. I could feel warmth on my face. I reached my hand up, trying to stop the flow of blood coming from my nose.

"Are you alright?" Asks a woman who was carrying a dog.

At this, both the boy and woman from before turn to look at me.

"Excuse me." I say, running past all of them, making my way down the hall and into the restroom.

Once inside, I stand before the sink. The blood seems to have stopped flowing, but it was everywhere. I turn on the sink, grabbing some paper towels and wetting them.

I begin cleaning the blood off of my face, before noticing the blood stain on my shirt. I sigh in annoyance as I grab more paper towels, repeating the cleaning process but on my shirt this time.

When I was finished, the blood stain was still visible, but not the same blood red as it was before, now only a pink tinged color, ;eft over on my sweatshirt.

"I definitely need to donate more often. These are getting out of control." I mutter to myself.

I suddenly hear a loud mechanical noise echo through the hall.

'Did they get the gate open?' I think to myself.

I quickly grab my bag off the counter, running out of the bathroom and down the hallway.

I make my way back to the main hall, seeing everyone gathering at the entrance. Sure enough, the gate was slowly rising, which brought a smile to my face. All I wanted to do, was to get home. This situation was stressing me out, and if I was being honest, I was getting scared.

I grab my box off the floor, and make my way to the front of the crowd, wanting to leave quickly. I was now standing beside the army guy and the deliveryman.

"What's wrong with that guy?" The deliveryman asks.

Upon this, I notice something outside the building, just beyond the rising gates. However, upon further glances, it seemed to be a person. A really tall person, in what looked like a hospital gown.