Chapter 9:

Done with the delivery man, the creature looked around the room. The closest people to it was the old man who opened the door, the lady and her dog, and myself. The creature looked at us three, taking a step forward.

However, the boy from the stairs suddenly runs up, a fire extinguisher in hand, as he starts to spray the creature, cutting off its vision. This seemed to work, as the creature backed up slightly, covering its eyes.

"Ahjussi" The boy called the old man, but got no response.

"Ahjussi!!!" he yelled louder, finally gaining the man's attention.

"When I give you the signal, lower the gate!" He yelled, as the old man then ran down the hall.

I panic, knowing that the fire extinguisher wouldn't hold the creature off forever. A thought suddenly comes to my mind.

The gun.

I could shoot the creature.

I scramble for my bag, bending to the ground as I dig for the gun. As my hand touches the cold metal, I know that I'm doing the right thing. I turn towards the creature, holding the guwn up as I do.

I remembered my grandfather's words.

'Don't give up, never give up'.

I then remember how I was shown to shoot the gun, I hold the gun tightly in my hands, aiming at the creature, and pulling the trigger.

However, nothing happened. I panic, realizing that the safety is still on. I quickly fumble with the gun, turning off the safety. I looked up, seeing that the boy had managed to push the monster back towards the doorway.

"Ahjussi! Lower it! Now!" He yells to the old man, telling him to lower the gates.

The fire extinguisher seemed to be running out, losing its effect on the creature.

"Do it now! Hurry!" The boy continued to yell.

I raise the gun, knowing I had to help.

I aim at the creature pulling the trigger just as the gates started to lower. At the same time, the fire extinguisher ran out, meaning I  had to fend off the creature until the gate closed.

I pulled the trigger again, and again, and again,  making the creature take a step back, before it turned its attention towards me. I kept shooting until the gun was empty.

I heard the gun click, as I realized that it was empty. The creature took another step towards me, and I backed away in fear, dropping the gun to the ground.

"Watch out!" The boy yelled to me, running over and pulling me to the ground, just as the monster tried to reach for me.