Chapter 6

Once the New Order had returned to the temple, "the twins" had taken Petra off to the side. Petra was scared, but also slightly confused. She had a feeling that Romeo was about to do something to keep her mouth shut. Because of that feeling, she had kept her hand on the hilt of her sword in preparation to block an attack or make an escape attempt.

When they were far enough away from the others, "Jesse' and "Jessica" turned to face Petra. "Jessica" swung her arm to the side, causing the door behind them to slam shut. Then she disappeared as "Jesse" returned to his true form. Romeo levitated upwards as he glared down at Petra. Petra scowled as she started to unsheathe her blade.

"I wouldn't try that if I were you!" Romeo warned.

Petra sent him a cold glare, "Why, huh? Are you afraid of being beaten again?"

"Oh please, you and what army?" he chuckled mockingly.

Petra growled under her breath as she fully unsheathed her blade. She charged at Romeo and prepared to strike. But, Romeo stopped her. He clenched his fist, which stopped her swinging blade mid-swing. He then motioned his hand to the side. This caused the sword to fly out of Petra's hand and clatter as it hit the ground. Romeo chuckled as he motioned his hand to the side again, sending Petra flying into the wall. He held her there as he levitated over to her and grabbed her by the throat.

Once he had a hold of her, he started to get up in her face. Petra thrashed around as Romeo stared at her coldly. He leaned in close to her ear and growled.

"Why can't you just listen for once? You were about to tell him, weren't you?" Romeo scowled.

Petra gulped and shook her head, "No, why would you assume that!"

"Don't lie to me, Petra!" he shouted.

Petra sighed in annoyance, "Romeo, I wasn't going to say anything! He just wanted to talk to me!"

Romeo sighed as he let go of her, making Petra fall onto the ground. He growled something under his breath as Petra clambered back onto her feet. Romeo glared at Petra one final time before taking on the twin's form once again. The "twins" stormed out of the room, leaving Petra alone in her thoughts. She stood there motionless for a while.

When her thoughts had passed, Petra slowly made her way out of the room. She kept her gaze to the ground as she walked along the temple's halls. After a while of walking, Petra ended up walking into the treasure room. When she looked up, Petra was met with worried looks from her friends.

"Petra, is everything alright?" Olivia asked.

Petra nodded, "Yes, everything is just fine!"

"You sure? 'Cause Radar told us otherwise," Axel said, raising one side of his unibrow.

Petra sighed, "I'm sure, Axel!"

Before Axel could say anymore, Petra stormed away from him and Olivia. Olivia looked up at the black-haired boy with wide eyes. The pair decided to leave Petra alone and exited the treasure room. Petra walked over to one of the pedestals, the one that held the Portal Atlas. She picked up the book and opened it.

"Please respond," Petra whispered to herself as she started to think of Mevia and Otto.

—————————————————————

Otto felt a horrible throbbing pain in his head. He had laid down on the bed as he rubbed his temples. His wings spread out on the bed, flapping occasionally to keep them from cramping and locking up. The pain in his head just gradually got worse and worse.

It started off as a minor headache in the library. But at this point, Otto could have sworn it felt as if someone was driving their sword into his skull. He knew what this pain meant and dared no to move a muscle until it had passed. While he laid there, he started to feel a little dizzy. Then, his eyes started flashing between brown and gold.