Chapter 7

Jesse and Jessica glared at Romeo as he levitated towards them.

"You know, I've always hated your optimism," Romeo said in disgust.

Jesse glare became closer, "If you hate it, why don't you just back off?"

"He must be scared of us!" Jessica scoffed.

Romeo growled under his breath as he used his powers to lift Jessica off the ground. He pulled her close to him so that his face was only a couple inches away from hers. Jessica glared at him coldly as Romeo took one of his hands to her throat. He squeezed harshly, cutting off any oxygen flow to Jessica's lungs.

"I'm NOT scared of a pathetic mortal like yourself!" Romeo scowled at her. "You are nothing compared to me!"

Jessica kept her gaze on him, growling under her breath. Jesse, on the other hand, attempted to stand up and charge at Romeo. But, Romeo saw him out of the corner of his eye. He used his free hand to pin Jesse to the wall off to the side.

"You're right, we can't be compared to you... Because we're better than you!" Jesse shouted at him.

Romeo scowled as he turned to glare at Jesse, "Excuse me?"

"You heard me! We've beaten you once, it'll happen again!" Jesse remarked.

Romeo huffed as he let go of Jessica, letting her fall onto the floor. Instead, he stormed over to Jesse. As Romeo got down to Jesse's level, he clenched his fist, allowing his powers to restrict the younger male's breathing. Jesse thrashed around in an attempt to break Romeo's hold. This only caused Romeo to chuckle at his struggle.

After a couple moments, Jesse's cheeks started to become dark red from the lack of air Jesse was receiving. Jessica would have done something if her body hadn't been painfully numb. Romeo chuckled as he finally let go of his hold on Jesse.

"I wish I could stay longer, but I've got better things to do," Romeo said before teleporting out with a maniacal laugh.

The twins looked at each other, still somewhat paralyzed with fear. They knew their friends would eventually come to save them, but Notch knows how long it would take for someone to realize they were missing. They looked down at the floor, both of them sighing softly. The two decided to try to shake off the thought.

A little while after, the twins were finally able to compose themselves enough to think straight. The two of them looked back up at each other. Jessica had a bit of a worried look on her face still, but Jesse was smiling at her.

"It'll be okay, sis. Like I said before someone is bound to realize something's wrong," Jesse reassured her.

Jessica sighed, "I know, but who knows how long it'll take!"

"I have the feeling someone has already figured it out. Romeo seemed a little more anxious than usual," Jesse pointed about.

Jessica smiled, "You're right. Let's just hope whoever has found out can get some help to us soon..."

"Yeah, let's hope..." Jesse responded, looking at the ground.

With that, the two of them fell silent, unsure of what to say or do next.

—————————————————————

Once Otto had finally recovered, he and Mevia set off to the Portal Network to begin gathering help. Harper and Ivor had decided to stay behind to continue their research, leaving Otto and Mevia to it. The two of them had just arrived in the Portal Network, taking a small look around.

Mevia chuckled, "Is it just me, or does this bring back some memories?"

"I guess it does," Otto answered as he looked around.