Chapter 5

Harper angrily led Otto and Mevia to the library where Ivor was waiting for them. No one dared to utter a word. Things were very tense, and a single word could make Harper snap at the interracial couple. She tried to shake off what she assumed had happened earlier while her and Ivor were gone.

But the image of Mevia and Otto with a heavy blush on their faces only made Harper believe it even more. It wasn't the first time she walked in on them getting intimate, but then, why did it aggravate her so much? She glared back at the couple.

The two of them didn't dare to lift their gazes from the ground. They didn't want or need Harper to become more agitated with them. The three of them just continued down the hallway in an awkward silence.

Once they reached the library, Harper stormed in while Mevia and Otto hesitantly followed behind her. Ivor heard Harper huff and looked up at the group walking in. He noticed Harper looked extremely pissed while Mevia and Otto looked very embarrassed.

"May I asked what happened?" Ivor asked.

Harper rolled her eyes as she plopped down in the chair next to him. Ivor gave her a confused look before turning his attention to the couple sitting in front of him. Ivor noticed how Mevia nervously pressed herself against Otto, shaking slightly.

"Did something happen?" Ivor asked again, this time with a little more concern.

Harper scowled, "Ask them that!"

She motioned towards the couple in front of them. That's when Ivor noticed an embarrassed blush on their faces. He shook it off before turning to face Harper once again. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a slight hug. This calmed Harper down a bit, but she still kept glaring at Otto and Mevia. There was a moment of just pure, awkward silence. No body dared to utter a word. Once the moment had passed, Ivor pulled away from Harper and broke the silence.

"So, I happened to find something that may help us better understand what's going on with Otto," Ivor said.

Mevia looked up at before sighing in relief, "That's good."

Harper and Otto didn't say anything about it. Otto was too nervous to speak with Harper still shooting him a death glare. Mevia sat up at bit and grabbed Otto by the chin. She made him look at her, which calmed him down a bit. Mevia let go of his chin as they looked back at Ivor.

"What did you find out exactly?" Mevia asked.

Ivor took the book in front of him and flipped to a page he had bookmarked. He ran his finger along the page before responding,

"Well, remember how we thought Otto was only developing psychic abilities?"

Mevia nodded and giggled, "Oh yes, I remember that all too well."

Otto rolled his eyes at her. Of course she found it amusing, but then again, it was a little funny how it came to be. Honestly, it just came out of nowhere.

"But, do you also remember how he healed you, and how he was able to resist the chip when PAMA and Romeo attempted to chip him again?" Ivor asked.

Mevia nodded and looked at Otto. Otto dared not to look up, and Mevia couldn't blame him. Those two events were traumatic for him. Heck, she'd be shocked if he would ever be able to function normally because of that. Then again, she wasn't one to speak either.

"What does that have to do with what you found?" Harper asked a little annoyed.

Ivor looked at her. "I was just about to get to that," he answered as he looked back at the book.

"I thought it was a little strange how someone with psychic abilities could do those things. Normally, psychics can't do that," Ivor explained.

Harper's eyes widened, "What are you getting at?"