Chapter 11

Romeo breathed a sigh of relief when he finally made it to the temple. No one in the town had noticed his normal form, but finally took notice. He changed back into his disguise.

"That was too close," "Jesse" said reluctantly.

"Jessica" nodded, "Way too close. We need to be more careful. We can't blow our cover just yet!"

"Jesse" nodded as the two of them made their way inside the temple.

As they made their way to the treasure room, the "twins" heard someone murmuring to themselves. When they turned the corner, they saw Lukas. He was pacing back and forth while muttering something about Petra. Then, he saw the twins.

"Jesse, Jessica! There you are!" he exclaimed, darting towards them. "Have you two seen Petra?"

"Jesse" shook his head, "No, I'm sorry I haven't."

"Have you tried checking the armory? She does love her sword after all," "Jessica" suggested.

"G-Good idea," the blonde stuttered before rushing off to the armory.

"Jesse" breathed a sigh of relief once he was far enough away. "Jessica" patted her brother on the back comfortingly.

"Don't worry, only another week and it'll all be over," she reassured him.

Her brother nodded, "I know, but it's hard to wait so long..."

"It'll be here before you know it! Patience is a virtue my brother," she said before walking off.

"Jesse" sighed as he walked away to his room.  He knew his other half was right, but his hunger for power was only growing stronger. He couldn't wait, he wanted this town to himself. He tried to contain himself, taking a couple deep breaths.

After a couple moments of breathing, "Jesse" heard someone calling for him. He snapped out of his trance, shaking his head slightly. After fully snapping out of it, he started to make his way towards the person who'd called for him.

—————————————————————

The sunlight shone through the window, brightening up the room. A beam of like flashed over Mevia' eyelids, causing the woman to roll over while groaning in distaste. Otto woke up and noticed this. He unwrapped his wings from around her before gently tapping her shoulder. Mevia groaned, rolling back over and swatting at him. Otto chuckled softly when she did that.

"Mevy~ Time to get up~" Otto said softly.

Mevia whined, stretching out a bit. Her arm flew back as she rolled over. This caused her to smack Otto right in the face. With that catching him by surprise, Otto yelped and rubbed his cheek where Mevia had smacked him.

A couple minutes later, Mevia's eyes fluttered open. She looked over at her boyfriend, noticing how he was still rubbing his sore cheek. This caught her off guard, making her sit up quickly and cup his cheek.

"Are you okay? What happened?!" Mevia asked in a panic.

Otto chuckled, "I'm fine, you kinda smacked me in the face earlier..."

"Oh my Notch, I am so so so sorry!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms around his neck.

He gently placed a hand on the back of her head, holding her close, "You didn't hurt me, it's okay."

Mevia sighed and pulled away. She kissed him on the cheek just as someone knocked on the door. Mevia muttered something under her breath, causing Otto to chuckle and pat her back. The knock sounded again after a moment. Otto kissed her on the cheek before getting up to answer it. In front of him, Soren had his usual wide smile.