Chapter 3

The sound of hooves pounding against the snow covered ground filled the blizzard filled plains. The two of them racing as the stadium came into view. Then, the pounding of hooves stopped and the mare's rider stepped off. She raced inside, her chest constricting with each breath she took. Otto, Harper, and Ivor heard someone running up behind them, turning in their seats to see who it was. They saw Mevia, who was out of breath, standing in the doorway looking as if she were about to pass out.

Otto got out of his chair, "You okay, Mevy?"

"Otto, your vision was right! Romeo's escaped!" Mevia said frantically.

Harper and Ivor's eyes widened. The couple shot out of their seats before rushing to their side.

"What do you mean Romeo escaped!?" Harper asked in a panic.

Ivor glared at Mevia and Otto, "I thought you two dealt with him a while ago!"

"We did, but Otto had a vision about Romeo," Mevia said nervously.

Harper scowled, "And you just now bothered to check?!"

"I didn't think he'd already escaped!" Mevia answered defensively.

"Well maybe you should have checked as soon as Otto told you about it!" Ivor shouted at Mevia in annoyance.

Otto watched the group argue back and forth. He was almost too afraid to intervene. All the shouting at each other made Otto very nervous. He started to slowly back away from the group. Suddenly, Otto had back himself into a wall. He slid down the wall until his head was in his knees. He started to shake violently as he started remembering an argument from years ago.

-Flashback Starts-

Otto walked throughout the long, narrow hallways of the place. Cassie Rose had recently been banished for killing multiple competitors and tampering with the command block. After finding out what happened, Hadrian had started becoming more jumpy, and eventually, it turned into violence. Otto and Harper had gotten the worse of it, with Hadrian having physically abused Otto and verbally abused Harper for months now. Otto had multiple scars that he knew he needed to hide from Harper, but this wasn't simple. The more scars he got, the harder it was to cover them up along with the constant throbbing pain. He wished that Hadrian would change, become the shy, sweet Hadrian he used to know. These thoughts swarmed Otto's mind as he strolled the hallways.

While lost in thought, Otto bumped into someone. Otto shook his head before looking up to see who he had bumped into. In front of him was a very nervous looking Hadrian. Hadrian had his hand on the hilt of his blade, but released it. Soon after, Hadrian's nervous look turned into an aggravated scowl.

"Watch where you're going next time, idiot!" Hadrian scowled.

Otto sighed, "Sorry, but I was actually trying to find you."

"Well as you can see, I am busy at the moment!" Hadrian growled at Otto.

"Hadrian, this is serious. You've been acting a bit violent lately, and I want to know why," Otto explained calmly.

Hadrian sighed angrily, "Otto, I'm fine. Now please, move along."

"Hadrian—" Otto started.

Hadrian growled, "Shut up, Otto! I've told you multiple times, I'M FINE!"

"Hadrian, calm down. Just breathe and try to relax," Otto said calmly.

"Who are you telling to calm down?!" Hadrian shouted at him.

"Hadrian, you're overreacting. Please clam down," Otto tried to shush him.

Hadrian grunted as he pulled out his enchanted diamond sword. This caused Otto to immediately pull out his shield before backing away slowly. While backing away, Otto noticed Harper standing a couple feet away from Hadrian.