Ranpo Edogawa《The Sweetest Candy 🍬》

Ranpo headcanons!
Ranpo x s/o that has a habit of complementing others..

• If you compliment and flatter the people you love a lot, then you two are probably made for each other.
• All that ranpo wants is someone to praise him. Or atleast thats what everyone thinks.
• In reality, ranpo considers it to be his mission to make you feel loved, and often flatters you.
• Ranpo has a constant need to be reminded that he is worth it, and that he is better than everyone else. It is his way of boosting his confidence. So when u flatter him, his confidence and ego skyrocket.
• He loves having an audience, and you, being the appreciative person you are, always prove to be an amazing audience
• He really loves having you around.
• Inspite of all this, ranpo isn't looking for a fangirl or a fanboy. He wants a partner that is capable of keeping him grounded, yet makes him feel valued. And you do just that.
• Although, you might sometimes overdo the encouragement, he doesn't mind as he makes it up to you by praising you equally.
• Ranpo never, and I mean NEVER, speaks highly of anyone.
• The closest he had gotten to that was when he had said,"This is like going against Dazai." While plotting against fyodor.
• But this man will PRAISE you.
• You make him feel so loved, so he will return it equally, if not more.
• You get special treatment. You are the sole human being on this planet that gets to have his candy.
• You are also the only person who, according to him, tastes better than candy ;)
• He treats you with utmost respect.
• Whenever you praise him, his brain short-circuits.
• "And that, is how you solve this murder!" Ranpo grins as he solves the mystery.
• "Thats so cool, ranpo! I'm so proud of u!"
• You say as you hug him.
• Ranpo blushes and hides his face in your hair.
• He is soft boy
• Protect soft boy at all costs.
• "Y/N, you are the most amazing person that I have ever met. You are so amazing, that only I deserve to have you!", he says when you two are at the ada, or somewhere public.
• He loves boasting about being the guy you chose, saying things along the line of you being an angel that chose him because he is the best man alive.
• In private, he would have deep meaningful conversations with you, where you both would appreciate and value each other.
• Cue appreciation battles
• "You have no idea how much I love you."
• "Everyday I see your smile, it makes my day ranpo. You work so hard, I adore your determination "
• "You are the most beautiful person ever "
• "Your emerald eyes drown me into an eternal abyss of love. "
• "Your hair is so silky, I want to eat it."
• You blush and laugh it off.
• "No, really. It reminds me of my favourite candy."
• Ranlo says as he brushes your hair with his fingers.
• "A-are you being serious right now..?", you ask.
• He humms.
• You couldn't be more grateful to have him.
• While he seems like a childish guy, he actually is quite mature, but in a fun way.
• He just needs someone who can understand him. And you do. You are the only one who understands him.
• He loves you more than his candy.
• And thats really something.
• Ranpo needs candy and sugary foods to keep his mind working. His high intelligence requires quite a lot of energy, and sugary foods provide it to him.
• Not many understand this, but you do. So you try your best to constantly provide him with small amounts of candy at regular intervals of time.
• You write tiny notes for him too.
• "Hey handsome, got this donut for you. Hope u like it! ;)"
• Ranpo is a smart guy. He notices all of your little actions of affection. You voice your affections, but you also do small things that make his heart flutter.
• Like when you peck his lips randomly, or link your hands with his when he gets confused and doesn't know which route to take. You gently intertwine your fingers with his and guide him through the city, effectively getting him to the destination.
• You are also overly clingy. He loves that. When you randomly come up from behind to hug him, he goes crazy. When you two are lazing around on the couch, and you place his head on your lap, stroking his hair and humming sweet melodies to him, he realizes just how much he loves you.
• You mean the world to him, and he means the world and some more to you.
• You two are honestly made for each other.
• The story completely flips 180 degrees when you complement other people, though.
• Ranpo turns into angry ranpo.
• 'How dare they steal my candy?!' Is all he can think of when someone is getting your attention.
• He would constantly poke your cheek, or call your name to get your attention.
• "Y/NNNNNNN"
• "Yes, love?"
• He would simply smile innocently and act childish.
• "Hug me please."
• "Ok, honey, just give me a minute. I was jut about to tell 'random person' how amazingly they handled the situation today."
• "Hug me. Now. They can wait. Can't they." He says while glaring at the concerned individual.
• Kinda gives me dazai vibes ngl
• You would be all confused, though. But would apologize to them and give ranpo a well deserved hug. I mean, he had to suffer so much. He had to see you saying good things about someone other than him. How heartbreaking!
• I think if I continue any longer, I'd end up writing a novel... so now I'll stop..
• Ok just one thing..
• When you both get ready for work, you suddenly nuzzle his neck and mumble a soft," You smell so good, love."
• Then you pull back and check him out.
• "Ravishing."
• And you leave.
• Just like that.
• Things like this make Ranpo fall for you over and over again.
• He loves every bit of your affection.
• Ok I'm going.
• For real now...