Books and You..《Atsushi x reader》

Atsushi always knew that his past was an integral part of his being. He couldn't deny the affect of his time at the orphanage as it played a major role in shaping his personality and thinking.
Since he knew what being in pain does to one, he was very good at recognizing whether or not the people around him were facing anything similar.
So when he walked into the library to pick up a book on latest biological science for Yosano, he didnt expect to be greeted by a pained, suffering individual at the reception.
The woman at the counter looked to be around his age, maybe a year older than him. She wore her hair in a careless yet careful manner. Almost as of she didnt care about her impression, but knew that others did. Her long lashes partially hid beautiful wide eyes, that held so much sadness, that he almost took a step back upon looking into them. The smile that stretched across her face seemed forced, and most probably was. Her voice, sweet yet tired, greeted him in a low volume.
"Good afternoon. I am Y/N. How may I help you?"
He took a second to reply, mind still trying to process the gloomy aura that surrounded her.
"H-hi. I'm Atsushi. I'm searching for a book."
She looked at him expectantly. After a few seconds she asked,"What's the name of the book?"
He blushed on being caught staring and shakily handed her a piece of paper.
"This one."
She read the scribbled words and nodded her head, saying,"Oh yes. We do have this one. It's in the farthest aisle, on the right. Aisle number 27."
Thanking her, he began his search. All the while he couldn't help but wonder why such a pretty girl was so unhappy. He noticed that the other people she interacted with didn't notice her evident pain, and the handful that did, didn't  care. But for some strange reason, he cared.
After about 15 minutes, he walked back to the counter.
"Hi." He said.
She jumped slightly, not having seen him walk up here. It was funny, he thought, as even though her eyes had seen him walk up to her, her mind hadn't registered it. To put it simply, she was in a little trance.
"Oh, hello. I was wondering if you found the book? Do you want me to help you?"
He shook his head, showing the large journal to her.
"No, I think I found it."
He smiled, happy at his achievement.
Her lips quirked up ever so slightly, which didn't go unnoticed by the boy.
"Well, it says here that dr.Yosano is a premium member. So you can take it directly."
He hummed in agreement. Yosano san did read quite a lot.
She waited for a while before saying,"Is there anything else you need?"
He nodded his head and slid a piece of paper across the counter.
"Your number please. And if possible, one hour of your time after your shift ends?"
She tilted her head.
"Whatever for?"
Atsushi smiled,"A small coffee date, ofcourse."
Her face flushed at his words, and her eyes widened, mouth agape.
"It's ok even if you don't show up, I wont force anything on you. But if you ever want to talk, my number's on there." He said, pointing at the paper.
Turning to leave, he heard her mumble a small, " I'd like that."
After exiting the library, Atsushi ran to a corner and held his face in his hands.
He wondered how he managed to do what he just did.
He asked  A GIRL OUT ON A DATE.
!!!
What did she do to him to make him feel this way? To give him the courage?
And what is this feeling? Why did he feel butterflies in his stomach when she blushed?
A ping alerted him of having recieved a message.
He opened the chat, to read the words,'The cafe across the street. At 6pm. Sounds good?'
Frantically, he typed a,'Sounds good!'
"Well,", thought Atsushi,"I'm really looking forward to meeting you again,Y/N"
He couldn't help the grin that grew on his face, and the giddiness he felt. He couldn't wait. He felt genuinely happy.

A.N
I feel so happy too...sushi is baby💕