Chapter 5.

Dear bully,

        Today one of your friends squeezed my butt. You laughed and asked how my butt felt. Your friend said it was soft. Reminded him of cotton candy. I didn't take it as a compliment. I felt very violated at having someone touch me, especially in such a place.

Later that today, every guy in the school was trying to squeeze my butt. I ran to the restroom in tears and discovered that you'd stuck 'Squeeze Me' on my butt.

I was so angry. I tried to confront you about it after school but you shoved me down on the hard concrete ground of the school yard.

I called you a dick and ran away, hopped on my bike and took off before you could catch me.

As I rode my pink bicycle, I mentally high five myself for calling you a dick. I felt like it was a start for standing up for myself.

I started to hum a song.

That's when I heard a car behind me. I turned around and saw you and your friends in your black car.

You began gaining on me as they cheered you on. I was terrified as I work my legs as quick as I could to escape you. Your car keeps bumping the back of my bike and I decided that if I don't crash and die, a heart attack might kill me simply from being in the situation I'm in.

My breath is coming in pants.

My heart is racing.

My hands clutches the handlebars so tight, I'm surprised they didn't break off.

My legs are in pain.

But you are laughing.

They were laughing.

I turned my bike off the road,  just as you were about to bump me again.

My bike goes down the grassy slope, boucing on small rocks as I go down.
I'm going down at a rate, I'm squeezing the brakes but the bike wouldn't stop.

Didn't stop.

Until finally it did.

As it hit a big rock.

But not me.

I didn't stop.

I flew.

In the air.

Well not actually fly but close enough.

Over my bike.

Over the rock.

And landed in a thud on my back.

It hurt, especially my head.

And I wanted to cry.

So I did.

I got up and rubbed the back of my elbows as I sobbed.

I heard snickering and saw you and your friends walking towards me in confident superior strides.

You stopped in front of me.

I hope you learnt your lesson, you sneered at me and told me it'll get worse if I talk back to you again.

You left then with your friends.

But you didn't leave alone.

You took my bike.

And as I stare at your back as you walked away. At your friends' backs.

All I can think about is how much I hated it you.

I got up and picked up a rock.

I wanted to throw it.

At you.

And hurt you.

Possibly kill you.

But then I saw your mother's weeping face.

At the back of my mind.

And so I dropped the rock.

But vow to pick it up another day.