5. Devils and Monsters

"𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚒𝚝. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚢𝚙𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚙 𝚢𝚘𝚞" -Kanin

<Y/N's POV>

Days...

two to be exact

I've been sitting in a cell underground for the last two days. They brought me and Eren down here after the mission to plug Wall Rose. Even though Eren's down here too he's been asleep since we got here. I've sat on this bed in nothing but silence, completely alone. I would have broken out of the chains they put me in already but it wouldn't exactly help my case. They think I'm a threat and the last thing I plan to do is prove them right.

They bandaged me before bringing me down here but all my wounds have already healed so they're really just annoying... and itchy.

I hear footsteps coming towards my cell. It's a tall blonde and... The shorty. He's the one he killed those two titans in Trost before we were taken into custody. The blondie with strangely huge eyebrows sat in front of my cell and the shorty stood next to him staring me down.

"Do you have any questions cadet?" What would I even say? I know exactly why you're holding me. So what exactly is it you think I'm supposed to say.

"What's going to happen to us? And who are you?" I figured after weighing my options that was the best thing that I could ask. Eyebrows crossed his arms and stared at me with an intense glare.

"Well what happens depends on you, and as for who we are I'm Commander Erwin Smith and this is Captain Levi Ackerman"  Ackerman? Like Mikasa? That has to be a coincidence, rights? I mean they look nothing alike.

"Let's skip the formalities-" Levi was about to say something but was interrupted when Eren woke up for the first time in his cell to the left of mine.

"What's going on? Where am I?" Eren asks he sounds scared. I can't see him but I can feel it somehow.

"You're in a dungeon below the Military police brigade. You're in their custody we simply have permission to see you two" This whole thing is so boring. I've done nothing but sit on my ass for two days and I can't remember the last time I saw sunlight.

"Two?" Oh right he's been knocked out he doesn't even know I'm here.

"Hey kid," I say to him lifting my arm even though I know he can't see me. The chains around my wrists make a loud clanging noise.

The black-haired guy, Levi  I think his name was he was looking at me weird. Like he was looking right through me. What the hell is his problem with me.

"Yes, you and your comrade are in the same boat right now." He dangled the key that Eren wears around his neck. It caught both mine and Eren's attention.

"That key-" Eren and I said in unison. That's just creepy.

"Yes, Eren this belongs to you, and you will get it back soon Dr.Jaegers cellar in Shiganshina that's where you said you have to go is that correct?" Erwin asked Eren all the attention was on his cell for now. I'm just glad the shorty stopped staring at me.

"Yes, that's what my father said anyway" Eren answers from his cell.

"Ok that's all fine and good but what's that have to do with the girl?" Levi interrupts. He had almost a worried tone which was weird.