~ Chapter 17

The next morning set its rise. The cool breeze met my face with no warning. I stood up and made my way to the bathroom. I bathed and wore my silk white gown. I got out, sat on my bed, and applied lotion to my body. A few minutes into the process, I heard a knock.

"Come in," I said softly. A young, good-looking man walked through. He eyed me head to toe and continued to his destination.

"Good morning, ma'am. Your breakfast has been served." He stood beside the tray and looked down to his feet. I moved closer to him and scanned his body.

"No need to be so formal. I'm Carol. " I said, holding out my hand. He scanned my hand and then finally looked up to my eyes.

"I'm Wesley. " he said. His voice was so deep and demanding. I opened the lid, and glory met my eyes. I closed the lid and walked to my bed. "I'll take my leave now." He walked out slowly. I saw him peak as I was about to remove my gown. He closed the door then finally ran and devoured my food.

I got dressed and went out to the hotel conference room. Surprisingly, I was the first one there. Meanwhile, I prepared the slides and files for the meeting. Blake then arrived shortly. He walked up to me and hugged me from behind.

"Morning my Angel." He perched my neck while pulling me closer against his body.

"Morning Blake." I said softly. He turned me around and slowly pushed me against the desk. My lips met his our fingers collided. I stopped and searched his eyes, too vivid to recognize anything. I sighed and then sat down.

"What's wrong."

"Nothing. Are you ready for the meeting."

"Yeah, I'm ready."

The room was now filled with the businessmen and women. The women were much older than I was, but that never made me feel intimidated or weak but strong.

"Afternoon. Let's get right into this. There is a shipment coming in, and we need it here as soon as possible. But this time, we are not going to do it collectively."

Everyone looked at each other, searching for answers.

"Reason why I say that is because I've got a new partner and a new reliable source which I now operate with." I gestured for Blake and Damien to stand up. They both nodded and took their seats.

"This is basically gonna work like this. We are using either European or the American currency in order for both of us to make a profit. The files I've provided are the different stock prices which we were offered. I obviously take out fifty percent from my unit, and the rest of you will bid on the final amount." They all nodded, but there is always going to be that one person.

"Yes, Mr Dlamini."

"How is there peace between your new partner's. We all know about the tragic death of Mr Blake's, here's late, mother, and the cause in all that. How Damien had to flee from his personal affairs, including the business. How are we assured that this will all go smoothly. "

"Well, Mr Dlamini," Blake said. "We have worked through our differences, and I don't see how our personal lives will affect the business. Do I have to mention that you were involved in a rape case not so long ago, which obviously caused a loss to the business."

He sipped on his water and continued paging through the file. "Okay. How should we set our bids? Now or over a glass of tequila at the bar. " Everyone agreed on the bar, then we made our leave. I went into my room and changed into comfortable clothes as we all did. We went down to the mini bar, which was allocated to the visitors .

I sat on a beach chair and closed my eyes as I felt the sun do its magic on my body. Time took its toll, and then I heard familiar voices. I sat up and scanned the area. The rest of us had finally arrived. I watched everyone greet and welcome each other. I stood up and made my way to them.

"Yall finally decided to show yourselves. " I said giggling.

"Carol," the girls screamed. We loved and welcomed each other and then took our seats at the pool. The men went to the barbeque area and ordered food for us.

"How are we doing?" asked Natasha. We all sighed and smiled.

"Rocky but okay. Something I can manage. " I said. Angelica looked at her belly and rubbed it a little.

"Guess who's expecting. " she said. We all looked at her. "I'm pregnant, guys." She said nervously. We all congratulated her. We ordered wine for us and juice for her.

''It is Lamar's baby, right?" Natasha joked at least I thought she was.

"What is that supposed to mean now, Natasha?" Angelica said, throwing a snare at her.

"Oh, nothing, maybe just a slip of the tongue. You never know, hey, there are a million men out there willing to donate a couple of drops." Lisa looked confused, and so was I. There was definitely something happening here, but what could it have been. The air got tense as they stole glances from each other, shifting as it got uncomfortable. After a few moments in the shocking atmosphere, he approached the guys.

"Why are yall so quiet. It's so unlike you girls.'' Leroy remarked as he sat himself beside Lisa. Blake came and sat beside me as we watched how slow Lamar walked to the rest of us.

'"We didn't even notice, hey," Lisa giggled. We backed her up until the room went quiet. Lamar was before Angelica on one knee.

"Angelica, the mother of my unborn child, may you make me the happiest man on earth and be my wife." The room was now filled with gasp groans and applauding. Angelica stood up, tears streaming down her cheeks. She nodded continuously while looking at Lamar.

"Yes, yes." she exclaimed. He chuckled and stood up, placing the ring on her finger. She flashed her hand as she tried drying her tears.

Natasha stood. "Excuse me," she said, heaving a heavy sigh. Angelicas eyes followed till she disappeared into the corridor. The chefs brought out the starters.

Everyone walked to the eating areas and dined over a glass of wine. I looked around but could not spot Natahsa or Angelica.

I led my way to the restroom where I heard their voices.

" How long will you be keeping this farce of a relationship?"

"I have it under control,"

"For how long will you keep saying that. How many people are you hurting in this sham. Carol doesn't deserve this. She has only been good to you."

"I do agree completely. I'll end this whole thing. Give me time. "

"What are you gonna do about this child cause we both know you can't make Lamar the father of someone else's child."

"Why are you so concerned, Natasha?"

"I care because you are ruining a lot of peoples lives with these lies of yours. How do you feel making another man raise a child that isn't his."

"Stop judging me, Natasha."

"Dont you dare give me that speech. You fucked up. You did it yourself. Its not myself you let anything that dangles between your legs."

"Now you are just being unfair."

"The truth hurts missy. Suck it up like all the sucking you have done. I can't believe you right now."

" I'll fix this."

Natasha stormed out of the restroom. She looked pissed, her energy just gave off that something was wrong. Lamar took her kissed her passionately making her let loose of her tense body. Something was not right.