Chapter Fourteen (UNEDITED)

Ivan Bullet's POV

"Who's Emma?" Tanong ni Chynna.

Yes, who's Emma? Bakit ganoon na lang ang impact niya kay Amber?

"Uh.. Ano kasi.." Yanna stuttered as if she didn't know where to start. "She's Amber's Mom.. but-"

"Yanna, we should wait for.. uh, you know.. for Amber to tell the story herself." Putol ni Trixie sa sinasabi ni Yanna.

Namula ang mukha ni Yanna kasabay ng paglaki ng mga mata niya.

"Oh my God! You're right, Trixie. I'm so sorry." Yanna exclaimed clearly embarrassed.

"I feel like a complete bitch telling you this. Hindi ko alam kung balak ipaalam sayo ito ni Amber, but things are getting complicated and thy're digging her biography. Alam na ng buong Pilipinas na hindi anak ni tita Emma si Amber." I heard Trixie answered and I snapped back to reality.

I was about to ask something when I heard Amber's name on the television again.

"-and then nalaman niya na namatay pala yung totoong anak nila ng asawa niya. But his mistress also gave birth to Amber that day. Fortunately for Mr. Collins, Amber's biological mother died minutes after she delivered a healthy baby Amber. And he took advantage of the situation, and intoduced Amber as their child-"

"Mistress?! Are fucking kidding me?" Trixie yelled, almost made me and surely Yanna too, deaf. "Hindi magagawa ni Tito yun kay tita Emma! Damn those paps!"

"Yanna, calm down. Walang maitutulong yang pagsigaw mo sa amin, except for tearing our ewr out." Malumanay na saway ni Yanna sa kanya.

"Calm down? Did you heard what the bitch just said, Yanna?"

"Yes, I did. At wala tayong magagawa sa ngayon kundi ang maghintay kay Amber. Where are you anyway?" Yanna suddenly ask when we heard a masculine voice on the background.

"At Bien's place. I can't think straight and I need some distractions kundi mababaliw ako." She answered before she let out a giggle. I suspect her lover doing something, I don't want to imagine, to her.

"Okay, okay. I think I'm hanging up now. I don't want to hear any moaning or giggling." I interrupted.

"Whatever, Ivan."

"Me too." Yanna muttered awkwardly.

Then I ended the call.

Napatingin ako sa tasa na nasa harapan ko. Na hindi ko man lang napansin na nilapag ni Lisa sa coffee table.

Pinatay ko yung tv. Naihilamos ko ang palad ko sa mukha ko. Bakit ako nadamay sa magulong buhay ni Amber?

Ginusto mo yan.

****

Yanna's POV

Nilapag ko sa mesa ang cellphone ko. Kakatapos ko lang makipag-usap sa mga kaibigan ko sa isang publishing house. I'm trying my very best to stop the scandal leakage or yung pagpi-print nila ng mga maling informations tungkol kay Amber. I used all my connections pero wala na talagang pag-asa na pigilan pa ang lahat ng ito.

I tried to call Amber again but I still can't reach her phone.

Where the heck are you, Amber?

Amber doesn't deserve any of this. She's been through a lot. Sa mga nakaraang taon, I witnessed how she was torn apart. Nakita ko kung paano siya naging matatag sa sabay-sabay na pagkawala ng mga mahal niya sa buhay. Kung paano niya tinanggap lahat ng rejections ng kinilala at minahal niyang ina. How she wiped her tears and squared her shoulders as she turned into a cold and heartless bitch. Now that I am starting to see a glimpse of the old sweet and cheerful Amber, bigla namang darating si Emma para sirain lahat ng paghihirap niya ng ilang taon para makalimot sa lahat ng dinanas niyang sakit.

My phone started to ring, pulling me out of my trance.

Lance calling...

"Lance," Bungad ko kasabay ng pagbuntong hininga.

"How's everything, sweet?" He asked softly.

"Same." I answered as I slump down to couch where I am laying down.

"Sorry to hear. She's all over the news. Poor Amber. She doesn't deserve any of this."

"That's what I said!" I exclaimed.

"Do you want me to come over, sweet?" He asked.

"No, I'm fine. Besides I can't afford any visitor right now. I'm working my ass out and calling every connections I have to stop this mess." I declined politely.

"I understand. In case you need something, I'm just phone call away, yeah?"

"Thank you, Lance. Talk to you later." I didn't wait for his answer. I immediately ended the call. I feel so exhausted.

****

Ivan Bullet's POV

I balled my fist on my side as I calm my nerves. Because honestly, I am beginning to see red spots while watching two people laughing as if they don't have any care in the world they walking.

Walking towards me was Amber. Laughing carelessly with some unknown guy. I watched her punch the damn guy's shoulder as he laugh his heart out showing his perfect dimples and pearly white set of teeth. Which by the way I don't mind punching out of his gums and down to his throat.

"Bullet?"

I was pulled out of my morbid thought when I heard her voice.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, as if she didn't just disappear for two days without any notice nor trace.

I clench my jaw to stop myself from yelling.

"Where have you been?" I asked instead. She raised her eyebrow.

"And it is your business because..?" She inquired. I reel my brains to seek for an answer but I can't seem to find any.

"Hi, I'm Sean. Sean Westley" Then he offered his right hand for a handshake.

British accent, eh.

I reluctantly shook his hand for a firm handshake.

"Ivan Alvarez." I turned to Amber. "I advice you to call Trixie or Yanna. They are worried sick."

"Uh, thanks?" She replied awkwardly.

"I should go, now." I turn to shoot daggers toward Shin. "Nice to meet you, Shin."

"Its Sean." He corrected with his annoying accent.

I just shrug it and walked towards the elevator. I tried to block their conversation in my head but my ear picked Shin's words before the door of the elevator closed completely.

"Wow. Kamukhang kamukha niya talaga si Enzo. Akala ko wala na akong karibal ngayong wala na si Enzo."

Asshole!

I took out my phone and dialled my secretary's number.

"Miss Portelo, gather all the informations about a guy named Shin Westley that is related to Amber Collins." Bungad ko agad bago pa siya makapagsalita.

"Yes, Sir."

I hang up immediately.

Nakarating ako agad sa parking area at papasok na ako sa sasakyan ko ng magring ang cellphone ko. I reached for it as I slid on the driver seat of my car.

"Yes, Miss Portelo?"

"Sir, are you sure its Shin Westley?"

"Yes.. Err, no." I scratch the back of my neck feeling embarrassed.

"Hindi po ba Sean Westley?" She inquired and my irratation a while ago came back upon hearing his name. Remembering his stupid accent and how Amber laughed with him, as if they're the only living person in the universe.

"Sir..? Are you still there?"

"Ah y-yes. Yes. Shin, I mean Sean Westley. Did you find something about him?" I cleared my throat to compose myself.

"Yes, Sir. Would you like me to print these informations for you or you want me to recite it now, Sir?"

"No. Leave his file on my desk. I'm on my way." I instructed her as I drove out of the parking area.